• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just picked up another XJ

Well, all the spacers at PAP were gone so I got some 1979 F100 coils. I am sure these will ride rough, but as long as I get 3" of lift I'm cool with it. I'm installing my "Matt Bogosian Super Ride" 3" lift today so I'll get some pictures up when am done.

Got the 3" lift installed and some 31's. I think my fenders will need to come off ASAP.

Before:
DSC03891.jpg

After:
DSC03923.jpg

DSC03924.jpg

Yes, she's ready to go now. Hopefully, I can either lift it 2 more inches, or remove the fenders by then. The fenders look so good I hate to take them off though.

Well I got to do a little wheeling today. Went to a place called Short Mtn with a new jeepin friend Eric. As expected it was way too muddy, but we made the best of it.

DSC03960.jpg

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03937.jpg

DSC03927.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

Cool vids and pics, mud definately sucks that's why alot of us don't like it because you just can't get any traction for crap. Plus that hill might have been easier to get up if the center wasn't washed out like that.

man i had a lot of fun this morning! we definitely need to go again sometime when it's not so stinkin muddy. there are a buttload of great trails up there that we didn't even have time to try...

hey i changed out my crossmember and transmission mount today, and it killed a lot of vibes, but i still probably should change out this one u-joint. i still get a little rattled above 65 or so... i have that to do, change out the rear brakes and fix some oil leaks, and i'm down to go to moab. who wants to shoot for a loooong road trip summer, 2010?

Man, I would love to and I know some of the guys here would also. Its always an issue to get everyone together though. Greg, aren't you planning a trip somewhere in the next couple months?

im always planning a trip somewhere haha. yea i'm going to the july jeep jamboree at snowshoe mtn. But my break in run when i get my jeep lifted will be to coal creek (windrock).

ditto on the wanting it to be dry... i wanna go wheelin, but i don't want to end up sliding sideways down a mountain like we had yesterday. has anybody ever been wheeling at monteagle? i guy i used to work for goes up there all the time and said he wants to organize a ride up there sometime this spring.

bogosia, have you looked at any spacers and shackles yet? i think you could get a lot further up that rock garden if you had a little more clearance. you could do that and hack up that bumper a little bit and be just fine. my other friends for the most part have open diffs, and they get up, but they have stock bumpers....

Back