• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just installed my D30 Lockright. My Impressions

BMuu35

NAXJA Forum User
Wow does this thing help with climbing!! I love the added traction!

It is a lot easier to get in more trouble now, I put a nice dent in my door by flopping it into a rock. Now I can get twice as stuck as before.

Even with no locker in the rear I seem to have traction everywhere, the limitation now seems to be trying to keep it from flipping.

On the street the locker isn't noticeable, I can hear a faint click with the windows down in turns, and sometimes I can feel it lock in and out when making a U turn or turn into a parking space (is this normal?)

Off road steering is now a bit tricky too, but worth the added traction.

Opps! I really didn't mean to do this...
DSCN0449.jpg

And the front
DSCN0445.jpg

I know what you mean about getting you into more trouble, after I got mine all locked up, I am too often eager to try things I would have never done otherwise. HA

Yeah i am going with the Aussie locker within the next month or two.

Kurt you can find them all the time for sale used for pretty cheap. I bought my front aussie for $100.00. Didn't even look worn, and has worked great all along.

Where did you get it at?

New is not bad eigher... cheaper than anything else really.

I think I either bought it off of someone on here or on Ebay (its been a while), they pop up in for sale sections regularly.

i locked the rear of mine and love it. i want a selectable for the front tho. i had a lockrite in the front of my CJ, and it and iffy power steering gave me nothing but issues on the trail.

yes, feeling it lock a lil when you are going in and out of a parking space or making a u turn is normal. wait till it POPS on ya when you forget about it and it scares ya lol.

yep yep ausies are cheap but i prefer the name of RICHMOND! my lock right works quite well. just dont ever buy a detroit EZ locker......JUNK!

Richmond is catching heck with me right now. They have miss packaged my locker twice!! Oh well I cant complain

but you are... lol

I got mine from 4wp, it was $280 shipped since they were having a sale. Ebay has them for a few bucks less but I would rather deal with a local place in case something goes wrong with it.

The plan was to find a used one or even find a used set of locked and geared axles since I still have 3.55's but I was getting impatient. My short term plan is to pull the rear 8.25 axle splines and see if I have the 29 spline since my xj is a 1996 and If I do I will just get a locker for that, if not I will get 29 spline shafts and a locker. Then I want to upgrade to 4.56 gears.

In the long run who knows.

If i had known you wanted some of those Flores I could have hooked you up. I just sold a set. Both were locked with 5.13's as well.

OH MAN... so many insults... I can't... I have an image to up hold.

i locked the rear of mine and love it. i want a selectable for the front tho. i had a lockrite in the front of my CJ, and it and iffy power steering gave me nothing but issues on the trail.

yes, feeling it lock a lil when you are going in and out of a parking space or making a u turn is normal. wait till it POPS on ya when you forget about it and it scares ya lol.

Oddly I never hear my lockright pop and I had it for three years. Now that I have a D44 and a detroit in the front I can hear a little bit of clicking when I make a tight turn.

Back