• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got a '99. suggestions?

Since its a 97+,I'd budget for a SYE kit also!

I'd go with the saving up for about a 4 1/2" lift instead of farting around with the budget boosts and aal kits. i did a rusty's 3" aal kit and its just been 3 months and i'm already looking to add on to it to make it a RC 4.5" kit.
if you can save up enough, go with Rubicon Express. Everybody here will tell you that if you have the funds then go with them. I'm also your age, and my budget is limited, so I'm going with RC because of GRIMUS99XJ on here that can hook you up with Rough Country.
My $.02.

jmsull said:
I have a '99 too.

Take some time and read a lot of threads.

Once you start lifting the jeep you will run into countless problems. Drivetain angle for one, steering angles and track bar length for another.
I concur :D Read, learn, talk to people. Each Jeep is unfortunately different, so you may or may not need to worry about steering at <2"
jmsull said:
1. To do anything to the coils you have to remove the lower control arms, and thats a pain in the ass. Once you undo those bolts, you have opened pandorahs box and death wobble is soon to come. Read about Death Wobble.
Borrow spring compressors from AutoZone. Saves you from having to wrestle the axle. As far as death wobble, I had my control arms dropped a couple times with no issues. What generally causes death wobble is worn/loose components (ball joints, etc) and bad steering angles. I got a mild case of it after swapping in some 4.5" coils with stock steering and control arms. Even mild it'll make you wanna piss yourself at highway speeds...;)
evap99 said:
What do you have to say about the rocky road 2" boost or rustys 3" lift kit aal
Rocky Road is where I got my original BB from. Good product, crappy to deal with. The shackles are pretty beefy, they make stock shackles look like they belong on a Liberty :D. The spacers have held up great. They screwed up and gave me 2 pair of 1.5" spacers so I ran 3" of lift up front. I just sold one pair recently and have the other pair reinstalled on top of my current lift. Still have the shackles in also. I may be removing the BB soon to drop back down to 4-5" or so, but no complaints about the product that I was able to actually use. My problem came in when installing the bar pin eliminators. They didn't fit. And they were so far off that we couldn't even drill the holes out or modify them in any to make them fit. When i contacted the company, I got Glenn, the owner. His basic attitude was, our parts work, its your Jeep that's wrong, screw off.

ok i think ill stick with stock then when i have enought get a 3.5" lift and some 33's then save for a rear locker and sye. would that work fine?

I am 19 and this is mine i bought it stock my high school graduation open house money bought the lift and tires:eek:

2682902_8_full.jpg

Ba-Riedo said:
ha they let anyone graduate these days.

-Alex

I guess so. But, c'mon! Did you try reading this?

kmanxj5050 said:
I am 19 and this is mine i bought it stock my high school graduation open house money bought the lift and tires

kmanxj5050 said:
I am 19 and this is mine i bought it stock my high school graduation open house money bought the lift and tires:eek:

2682902_8_full.jpg

That's a lot of rubber on that front bumper. I'd remove it, slap on some old pre-96 end caps, and save that rubber fairing for the mall.

You're adding a bunch of other peoples comments in with mine. Keep up the good work though.

Back