• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 26-28 Hidden Falls (not the 19th)

There is a sliiigghhtt possibility I might not come. My back is throwing a fit again.

Will you can park up front and give a call I / we can pick ya up out there. I too should have shotgun open... son may come but I am not holding my breath ;)

Ed I hope you can make it. The 2001 I bought has a 242 in it... I can't tell if trashed or just linkage. I need an "expert" opinion on whether to try and fix or just replace.

We'll see how I feel on Friday. Going to try to go to the chiropractor today. Reallllyyy want to go.

014cdb979587edfec90237d4c49b4585.jpg

You better strap down that beer or you might lose it.

You do realize Patrick, that other companies make beer than just sierra nevada. I know you love your bigfoot and all. I guess I should applaud you for the hop hunter...you've branched out from barleywine.

EDIT: how many trailer tires will it take you to get there?

I'm finally on 4 TRAILER tires and a spare less than 3 years old.... I may also pick up a case of the Sierra Nevada beer camp. I also drink PBR when I'm broke. Will are you bringing home brew?

Backs hurting, car isn't liking this heat, and still don't have a transfer case. Think I'm officially out. Small possibility I can try to get my over heating POS car fixed Friday night if my back isn't acting up still. We'll see. I can ship you that track bar bracket Patrick.

I'm rolling over early Saturday morning with some cold homebrew for breakfast.

Hey guys, I stumbled upon this trip on ExPo and ended up here for the details. I'm in Houston so not in the Red River Chapter (and couldn't even work out what chapter TX would even be in here) but I really need to take The Wild off road and get in some camping. The Wild is a 2001 XJ Sport lifted 3.5" on 31's, with Detours backbone winch mount, Detours knucklebone tire & jerry can holders, Detours frame stiffeners & rock sliders and a Superwinch, so far she has only seen the beach and some mild wheeling on forest service roads so it would be nice to get her on some real trails and get some camping in. Having said that it is an overland build so intended to only tackle things I need to and not hit obstacles just for fun.

If I do decide to drive the 3+ hours on Friday what is the plan for meeting up? I assume Hidden Falls has an entrance fee?

All the details for Hidden Falls here: http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

I am in Houston as well. I will be leaving out Friday as soon as I get off work. Green XJ with Apaches on the back side windows. Other details in signature.

I saw your post on ExPo and saw that Roger had squared you away. Glad you came over here. It would be nice to meet someone else around Houston.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I stumbled upon this trip on ExPo and ended up here for the details. I'm in Houston so not in the Red River Chapter (and couldn't even work out what chapter TX would even be in here) but I really need to take The Wild off road and get in some camping. The Wild is a 2001 XJ Sport lifted 3.5" on 31's, with Detours backbone winch mount, Detours knucklebone tire & jerry can holders, Detours frame stiffeners & rock sliders and a Superwinch, so far she has only seen the beach and some mild wheeling on forest service roads so it would be nice to get her on some real trails and get some camping in. Having said that it is an overland build so intended to only tackle things I need to and not hit obstacles just for fun.

If I do decide to drive the 3+ hours on Friday what is the plan for meeting up? I assume Hidden Falls has an entrance fee?

Houston is in the Red River chapter. We would love to see a new face.
I live down in Surfside andI will be leaving Friday morning, assuming I have an easy shift, we usual stay at the improved camp. I am in the ugly Orange 2 door.

Looks like we may have a good turnout :) Will, I may ask you to bring a rim back with you to Roundrock if that is OK? If you will than I may even drink one of your home brews ;) :)

Back