• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JoeShmo, a re-introduction.

JoeShmo

NAXJA Forum User
Whats going on everybody?

It's been a pretty significant amount of time since I've posted, or even browsed the forums, and I cant begin to say how glad I am that the NAC forum is twice as active as it was when I left. I've been out of the Jeep scene since early 2007 when I picked up my new DD and demoted the XJ to snow duty.

A recent promotion at work leaves me wanting to get back into the hobby, so the pile of parts that had formed itself just prior to the DD acquisition is getting ready to get thrown on, and get back in action.

Rather than posting in the introduction thread I figured this would be a nicer way to say 'hey' to everybody I used to keep in contact with on here. Can't wait to get back out to some of the events this coming season, and get my name red again (albeit, with a much higher member number, im sure). Cheers to everybody for keeping the chapter alive.

Figure I'll throw a picture of the XJ and my DD on here for shits and grins.

8133_535441713900_54904283_31554524_3867197_n.jpg

-Matt

Hey, Welcome Back. I think I remember the username. Congrats on the promotion!

Hey Matt, welcome back!!

Funny... you were the one who started the "Spotted" thread, and I glanced at it the other day and thought "I wonder what happened to that JoeShmo guy..."

Good to see you back around again!!
A.

Welcome back! I must have come in right after you left.

And just so you know, I think I love your Dub...

haha, thanks! The GTI is for sale, if anyone is interested... makes for a fun DD that turns TONS of heads. (and.. tends to scrape dead animals off the ground).

Hey Matt, welcome back!!

Funny... you were the one who started the "Spotted" thread, and I glanced at it the other day and thought "I wonder what happened to that JoeShmo guy..."

Good to see you back around again!!
A.

You can't imagine how much i was laughing when i logged in and saw that thread still there, it was hysterical.. I made that RIGHT before I dissapeared IIRC.

So how many miles are on the XJ now? :D

Still under 50,000... I think ~48,***.. haven't payed attention to it in a while. Poor thing sits most of the time its pretty upsetting. I've still got all the parts I had last time we spoke (gears, shafts, joints, etc.) laying in a pile here in my basement, it has moved with me twice so far.. time to get the shit on there.

Hey Matt! Long time no see.... I think last time was at hooters in paramus?

Yes sir, how the hell did you end up in NH!?

Speaking of which.. Does anybody have a preferred place for axle work around here.. I just dont have the time to do anything and I really want to get this stuff all taken care of before the snow settles in.

Yes sir, how the hell did you end up in NH!?
Dunno how exactly he ended up there, but he's got a pretty awesome place and some trails cut now... a good chunk of NAC-NE has showed up twice with chainsaws now!

Matt,
I am not sure how we ended up here but we are here now and loving it! If you want to take a road trip your welcome to come relax and wheel. There has been 2 broken windows and a significant amount of body damge. Welcome back and congrats on the promotion! :)

Melissa

Let's try this again, shall we?

Hard to believe it was 2 years ago that I last took any real interest in my Jeep. Things ended up getting stupid-hectic and despite my still incredible busy schedule I've decided to get back to my roots and use my XJ as a means of relieving work-related stress. Got my name back in Red and have been doing a TON of maintenance / repair / catch up work on my truck over the last few weeks prepping for winter, and for the 2012 wheeling season.

Since the last time I paid this place a visit I've gotten a new DD, and since we're all 'car people' here I'm sure thats worth posting :p

4633264625_98f72b5c02_z.jpg

Looking forward to ACTUALLY sticking around and seeing everyone this time. Also interested in finding out if there are any local-preferred shops / independent guys who do gears, I've had parts sitting around for probably 4 years now and it's time to just bite the bullet and toss them in.

-Shmo.

Welcome back!

Im in paramus, around a half hour from you (20 mins if your driving that bimmer).

Ive had a couple people get their gears done by automotive magic in kenvil NJ. Theres a bunch of good guys over there.

Welcome back!

Im in paramus, around a half hour from you (20 mins if your driving that bimmer).

Ive had a couple people get their gears done by automotive magic in kenvil NJ. Theres a bunch of good guys over there.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a look into them.

I'm up in that neck of the woods all the time (friends in Lodi, Heights, etc.). 20 is probably about right, I've done Lodi in 17ish minutes :p

Shmo,

Glad to see you back in the fray. I'm right down the road from you in Woodbridge. Let me know if you want help with the XJ or just want to grab a brew and swap war stories.

--Matt

Back