• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

I dig the chrome too. When we were bulding our 94 we used a 1990 grille that was chrome and the whole front was painted flat black. I really like the flat and chrome look.

Thanks guys, I kind of like the chrome look, so far we have a 1985 chassis, 1991 motor/trans/xfer case, 1989 front clip, 2000 bumpers...well you get the idea. I do like the look of the late model flares/clip though so who knows what will happen down the road. Working on the radio/intercomm now, scratched up a little coin so going trailer shopping, helmets etc. Getting there, of course this terrible cold I have is not helping out too much.

if you ever need a copilot I wear a size large helmet
:D

if you ever need a copilot I wear a size large helmet
:D
Dude! Check your begging edicite! If you want to beg a ride, you should at least already have your own helmet and fire suit. Really, what's the world coming to,...

(Skullver: My helmet's wired for a PCI intercom and I have a hookup for the Parker-Pumper :D )

Dude! Check your begging edicite! If you want to beg a ride, you should at least already have your own helmet and fire suit. Really, what's the world coming to,...

(Skullver: My helmet's wired for a PCI intercom and I have a hookup for the Parker-Pumper :D )

darn you!
ha ha ha.
I think every member on this site is gonna be begging rides.
this is one of the sickest jeeps here

Ride on guys! Our "team" is pretty tiny at this point so chances are good we'll be looking to fill a $seat$ every now and again:) Home sick right now, freaking cold, the wife and both kids have it too, been...exciting.
Cheers

are you running a full 4" of bump stroke? it looks like it in the pic w/ the SAW's....
ive seen bumpstops pre-limited to 2" of stroke for sale, wondering how much of actual concern this is on a limited travel rig like a js.

if so, have you noticed negative results from getting into the bump stop valving too soon?

can you just take this into consideration when valving a static valved shock?
or must one pay to play via bypasses...

xcm: I think he's on the right track on the bump-stops. To get the full use out of the air-bumps, they need to be set to start early, to have max effect slowing the axle down before it bottoms out.

darn you!
ha ha ha.
I think every member on this site is gonna be begging rides.
this is one of the sickest jeeps here
I already have my ride!:party:
race7118.jpg

I co-drive(read "ballast) for zoomy97acr.

I'm just giving you a hard time Jimbo :D

tbburg: do you normally notice that much flex from the glass hood at high speed, or is it like that at rest as well? ive got a thin glass hood like that one in my garage but im hesitant to put it on, i dont want it cracking on the freeway.

The glass hood does move around a little, but not enough to crack. This hood is about 1/4" thick with honeycomb reinforcement all across it, and weighs maybe 10lbs. On the truck, it's pinned down(no hinges/latches) so the corners are unsupported, and they flap a little. It's mainly a cosmetic issue on the street. If you have the same/similar hood Zoomy's got, you're not going to break it driving on the street. ( The reason the hood's "up" in that photo is because the truck's off the ground. :D:D)

The glass hood does move around a little, but not enough to crack. This hood is about 1/4" thick with honeycomb reinforcement all across it, and weighs maybe 10lbs. On the truck, it's pinned down(no hinges/latches) so the corners are unsupported, and they flap a little. It's mainly a cosmetic issue on the street. If you have the same/similar hood Zoomy's got, you're not going to break it driving on the street. ( The reason the hood's "up" in that photo is because the truck's off the ground. :D:D)
thanks, i think i have a different one, mine is no more than 1/8th inch thick and weighs about 7 pounds, it flexes quite a bit. its just a flat sheet of fiberglass. i think im going to glass in some balsa wood as cross bracing to give it a bit of rigidity. that is, if i ever get around to putting it on :D

thought I would add a little update to the slowest build known to mankind, just so many small details and not nearly enough time, thankfully I have been really busy with work, and the wife and kids, but fear not, I have not given up and am closer than ever!

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

Still have tons of small details, the firewall between the cell and the cab has proven to be a major PITA but almost done, now just have to go through and secure the wiring really well, but everything is hooked up and powers up! Radio and intercomm work, Tony Rojas' Baja HIDS work great on the Hellas! Still alive and kicking over here, just too busy trying to make money. Was hoping to debut at the night race next weekend but we have to deliver/install some equipment up to UC Berkley and likely won't make it now, but on a positive note we are also picking up a Miller Syncrowave 300 while we are down there:)
Cheers

Hey Chris -

Did you do the wiring yourself? How much existing, factory wiring did you use? I really want to use circuit breakers in my car but I don't know much about wiring. Our old car was kind of a wiring nightmare and I'd like the next one to be simpler.

Thanks, Chris

Hey Chris -

Did you do the wiring yourself? How much existing, factory wiring did you use? I really want to use circuit breakers in my car but I don't know much about wiring. Our old car was kind of a wiring nightmare and I'd like the next one to be simpler.

Thanks, Chris
we used the Hesco harness for the motor(stand alone motor harness), had to rig some switches up to control the auto trans as the hesco harness had no provisions for the needed tcu signals. Other than that the only stock wiring is the pigtails for the headlights and taillights, the rest is all custom. I had some help with the rest of the wiring as it was a little beyond my basic wiring abilities but it all works for now:). Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try to answer them, or ask my "wiring" guy:)
Cheers

that pinion guard on the 9" is sweet. you could probably make a decent amount of $ selling those.

Like always, looks bad ass Chris. Keep it goin!

I can't take the credit for that, I got it here:
http://www.blitzkriegoffroad.com/
ah well, still pretty sweet. a buddy of mine (billyjp2) runs a 9" rear end... i'll forward this link to him. i looked through their site briefly and couldn't find it... did they custom fab it for you? it looks like a DIY kit to me, but what do i know.

Back