• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

Nice Chris lookin good. Now hurry up and finish it so i can watch you race it!

Hey, where did you get those spacers for your lower shock mounts? I think theyre called conical spacers?

swbooking said:
Hey, where did you get those spacers for your lower shock mounts? I think theyre called conical spacers?
yes, where?! i dont want to reduce my bolt size those are badass!

GrimmJeeper said:
yes, where?! i dont want to reduce my bolt size those are badass!

Check Mackenzies on Orangethorpe in Anaheim

swbooking said:
Nice Chris lookin good. Now hurry up and finish it so i can watch you race it!

lots of small details, trying to get it done!

Those are just the misalignment spacers from my shocks with a thin spacer for shrinkage You may be talking about shock bungs?:
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Shock-Bungs-p-439.html

Those misalignment spacers are for the rod end(spherical bearings) style shock ends like king, fox, saw etc.

Yeah i was talking about the misalignment spacers (JKS calls them conical spacers) those shock bungs look like they'd work but damn, $5 bucks a pop.

A looooooong time ago!

I hope he still has it. I can't imagine how much money you'd lose from selling something like that.

No way I'm ever selling this thing! Well maybe not never but I need to at least wadd it up a few times before I would even consider it:) I am just doing some final wiring, trussing the D30(can't afford more at this point), saving coin for nav/comm(which can wait for a little while longer as long as the circuits are in place) and it is DONE. I still need some other minor things...like a trailer, but it is definitely almost there. Kids are growing up fast so should have lots more time here when the oldest starts pre-school. I'll post up some random progress pics later. The slowest build on the planet.

No way I'm ever selling this thing! Well maybe not never but I need to at least wadd it up a few times before I would even consider it:) I am just doing some final wiring, trussing the D30(can't afford more at this point), saving coin for nav/comm(which can wait for a little while longer as long as the circuits are in place) and it is DONE. I still need some other minor things...like a trailer, but it is definitely almost there. Kids are growing up fast so should have lots more time here when the oldest starts pre-school. I'll post up some random progress pics later. The slowest build on the planet.

What are you looking to run as the comm? I have a peltor intercom that we use in the rally cars.. no headsets thow..

I've seen his Jeepspeed in person. Its an awesome build

What are you looking to run as the comm? I have a peltor intercom that we use in the rally cars.. no headsets thow..

I am not really up to par yet but my limited research has pointed me towards somthing like this:
http://www.pciraceradios.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=3739737937281974529

ipod compatible, and PCI also sells the helmets prewired, they can ruggedize some components on the gps and still warranty, albeit $$$ but I have heard that the support is worth it, they are usually at every race helping with problems. I will check into the peltor, I know those cars take quite a beating also! Thanks Scott!
got it all plumbed and ready to leak check before it all gets secured, that is all for now, gotta get back to my real job:)
IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

and the little metal brake I made so I don't have to use other primitive methods of bending plate(vice, bfh, torch, grinder), it works great!
IMG_1637.jpg

.125" 4130 plate:
IMG_1638.jpg

Looking very good man!!
What races are you planning on running in 09?
Let me know if you need any help chasing and I will be there for you.
And yes PCI customer service is top notch.
I run their Icom F121 chase package.
Plus when I stop in to see them in Long Beach the girl at the front desk is a hottie !!
That's always a benefit :D

Like always Chris, you're rig looks awesome! Keep up the good work man!

It is wicked scary on how good your welding and fab skills are. There are a lot of envious people looking at your build. Incredible Job!! When you take that beast out to race, you have to give me a call.

I just took a few pics last week of a pretty mild trail my buddies and I were on. I though you might enjoy seeing some picks of your old rig in action. Hopefully I will get some better pics soon. These are not very hardcore, they were just a few picks of us messing around out in the desert by Johnson Valley.

http://s511.photobucket.com/albums/s356/brhicks/My Cherokee/

Back