• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed progress pics(56K beware)

Skullvarian said:
they lined up ok, from my experiences fiberglass rarely lines up perfectly, rig is looking good.

We are using zuess(sp?) fittings to hold them on

zuess-->dzus

karstic said:
zuess-->dzus
aaa-haa, that was what was alluding me.
Got the shock mounts done, unfortunately going to Florida for a week tomorrow(oh joy), maybe some little elves will come and finish up for me.

IMG_0412.jpg

Hey man. great progress im likein it so far! Have fun in florada lol... when u get back shot me a PM n im more then happy to come help ya out!..

Justin

89xjJe3per said:
Hey man. great progress im likein it so far! Have fun in florada lol... when u get back shot me a PM n im more then happy to come help ya out!..

Justin
Thanks much, will do, could use any help

89xjJe3per said:
Hey looking good i like the bumper!! How was the trip?
thanks Justin, cruise by anytime!
sorry for the lack of updates, wife is preggo again:D.

got the x-member done, bypassed the stock mounts and made my own further inboard:
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

got the motor in and starting to hook it back up:
IMG_0526.jpg

our awesome cardboard dash, our final actually won't look anything like this but figured we'd throw this together until the foam/carbon fiber/resin shows up to start with the real deal, the gps will go where the gauges are, the gauges will go above the windshield bars, and the shifter will go more between the seats, our switch panel will go somewhere in between:
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

dude your belt is horribly misrouted, let me know if you need a copy of the diagram

:D

lookin good! glad to see you havent forgot about it yet lol

-mike

we still need to get rid of the ac compressor, and do a little bit of re-routing, I have the original diagram to go off of though, thanks for the offer.

The gap between the engine cross bar and the valve cover is over an 1", the flanges aren't bolted yet. We will also grab a couple studs on the head from there also for a safety, probably chain, we'll see though, I am confident that our mounts will hold up but murphy's law, if you have it, you probably won't need it.

Hey would you post some pics & info on that Currie Antirock set up you have there? Going to do one on my XJ & I would like to see how you did it if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks

IMG_0446.jpg
[/quote]

hellbilly04 said:
Hey would you post some pics & info on that Currie Antirock set up you have there? Going to do one on my XJ & I would like to see how you did it if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]I'll get some more pics in a bit. I got the universal sway bar kit from Currie, didn't come with any mounting stuff just the torsion bar, the arms, the linkage/hardware, the bushings, and the tube to hold the torsion bar. The arms are long so I had to mount it just right behind the front x-member, it did fit fine width wise and the linkage was too long so I am going to have to cut the linkage in half(roughly) and tap the cut side to accommodate the rod ends. Other than that I just made some tabs to mount the tube.

I do know that Barrett

(http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xrock.htm)

makes an XJ specific system but I haven't used it, it seems like the arms are shorter so you can mount it to the stock sway bar location but, again, I have no experience with it so you may want to give them a call if you don't want to do any custom mounting.
Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions.
Chris

Thanks for the info-link Chris. I do like the Barrett set up as it's bolt on & go...

BTW, I dig your XJ that thing is sick!

Bill

I'll get some more pics in a bit. I got the universal sway bar kit from Currie, didn't come with any mounting stuff just the torsion bar, the arms, the linkage/hardware, the bushings, and the tube to hold the torsion bar. The arms are long so I had to mount it just right behind the front x-member, it did fit fine width wise and the linkage was too long so I am going to have to cut the linkage in half(roughly) and tap the cut side to accommodate the rod ends. Other than that I just made some tabs to mount the tube.

I do know that Barrett

(http://www.tandjperformance.com/products-bpp-xrock.htm)

makes an XJ specific system but I haven't used it, it seems like the arms are shorter so you can mount it to the stock sway bar location but, again, I have no experience with it so you may want to give them a call if you don't want to do any custom mounting.
Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions.
Chris[/quote]

Its coming along nicely.
And a big CONGRATUATIONS on the knock-up job on your wife!

I can't wait for grand kids, my wife adopted a couple of them at the party in BB over the weekend.

Rick

Jump This said:
Its coming along nicely.
And a big CONGRATUATIONS on the knock-up job on your wife!

I can't wait for grand kids, my wife adopted a couple of them at the party in BB over the weekend.

Rick
Thanks much, looking forward to another addition, you can nev er have too much family!

Got the x-member on:
IMG_0535.jpg

got the brakes on the 9"

IMG_0553.jpg

and the hydro bump strikers,
IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

now laying out the harness and fuses, should be running again by next weekend, not making it to the race the 11th unfortunately:(, lots of small details to address.
Not as bad as it looks:
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

progress looks good.......You coming on the 11th to watch?

Back