• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep went wacky.

4ee404c903102a209211130129ad7392.gif
I used this as a guide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhh how am I supposed to get a drill to there??

You drill the CPS sensor holes larger, not the transmission mounting holes.

Use a bench press drill or clamp it to a 2 x 4 to hold it, or

Sorry, but yes it requires pulling the CPS sensor.

For now do not worry about it, it is only an issue for slow start, no start starting problems. It is not an issue once the jeep is running. It does not cause running issues.

As I recall this drawing below for the Dizzy locations is wrong, same problem with the one in the Haynes manuals. It is actually rotated about 60 degrees CCW from what the drawing shows IIRC and the bolts are off by 90 degrees.

4ee404c903102a209211130129ad7392.gif
I used this as a guide

Maybe I'll just try shifting them all over one lol

Like I said before LEAVE the Dizzy itself alone!!!

As I recall this drawing below for the Dizzy locations is wrong, same problem with the one in the Haynes manuals. It is actually rotated about 60 degrees CCW from what the drawing shows IIRC and the bolts are off by 90 degrees.

So would it even run if they are all two off???? (90*)

Also just picked up a large bottle of MMO from Napa. It's getting to the point they know my voice.. It also doesn't help I walk out my front door and across the street to go inside the store. Lol

I'll look but the only thing I saw was a raised area in the cap and just placed it as close to the old one as I could.

The cap will only clamp into place one way as I recall. Even if you had the cap itself off by 180 degrees, it would not matter. But there is a tab IIRC that only lets in go one way.

The cap will only clamp into place one way as I recall. Even if you had the cap itself off by 180 degrees, it would not matter. But there is a tab IIRC that only lets in go one way.

Okay, I'm going to make sure they are correct this evening. And going to do the MMO trick and hope it helps with something.

The noise just gets louder with the engine speed and it just makes me imagine something launching out of it.😕

The noise just gets louder with the engine speed and it just makes me imagine something launching out of it.��

Yep, it sounds scary as hell till you get use to it. You can do it slowly over time if you wish. I did at first, but I think I just dragged it out longer.

BTW, I wonder what oil you used versus what the PO used? I have heard of changing brands causing the sticky lifter noise!!!!!

Me, I would solve the #1 and #2 cylinder No-fire-miss-fire issue of possibly not firing before I pushed it!!!!!!! As if there is raw gas going into cyl #1 and 2 that stays unburned it can be drying out the lube points and adding to the lifter noise!!!!! And thus a good reason for not pushing the RPMs up yet.

At least you have the MMO in there now. But once you know that all six cyls are firing properly and it runs at a steady idle, do not let the lifter noise keep you from working the RPM systematically higher till the lifters free up. Nothing wrong with letting the engine run a few times and letting the MMO soak in first before pushing the RPMS up to the sweet range that forces the lifters to free up finally and quite the engine back down.

Last edited:
Back