• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Trailer

So pretty much no suspension? I bet it tows like ass.

Yeah, Picture 35 says it all there. Skid plate yes. Suspension NO.

saw that on facebook to. then did some searching on price

The all-new Jeep Trail Edition camper (MSRP: $9,995) and Extreme Trail Edition camper (MSRP: $11,995) may be ordered as Mopar accessories at local Jeep dealerships

that to is a nice trailer. but still 6k base model price

It's a LOT more trailer for the money.

I don't think that is an accurate way of looking at it.

These two trailers are totally different markets.
The adventure trailer is a much more capable off road trailer for more remote camping and carrying your necessary supplies with you. The Jeep trailer is a much more comfortable camping trailer (like a pop up) that is designed more for mild trails and shorter trips.

They really are not in the same market.

I have always been interested in the idea of taking a short/narrow pop up trailer and making it into a off road pop up with full skid underneath and rocker protection all around the bottom edge and a pintle hitch.

Michael

I don't think that is an accurate way of looking at it.

These two trailers are totally different markets.
The adventure trailer is a much more capable off road trailer for more remote camping and carrying your necessary supplies with you. The Jeep trailer is a much more comfortable camping trailer (like a pop up) that is designed more for mild trails and shorter trips.

They really are not in the same market.

I have always been interested in the idea of taking a short/narrow pop up trailer and making it into a off road pop up with full skid underneath and rocker protection all around the bottom edge and a pintle hitch.

Michael

By this rationale, my Jeep as it currently sits isn't justifiable for highway use because a Hyundai fits the bill.

Got it.

By this rationale, my Jeep as it currently sits isn't justifiable for highway use because a Hyundai fits the bill.

Got it.

How can you say it is a lot more Trailer for the $?
The point is that they are two totally different types of trailers.

Most of the time when comparing RV's if you are getting "more trailer for the money" you are getting a larger trailer with more amenities and or sleeping accomodations. The Jeep trailer would be the "bigger" trailer.

The Hyundai would probably ride much better than your XJ on the freeway; It would probably get much better gas milage; It would probably be much easier to get into; safer; less maintenance. Some might even argue that your Jeep shouldn't be driven on the highway because I am sure it doesn't meet all of the state laws ;)

Michael

How can you say it is a lot more Trailer for the $?

Ah, because it is...

The point is that they are two totally different types of trailers.
That's right. One has way more than a bunch of JK parts bolted to a tiny tent-trailer.

Most of the time when comparing RV's if you are getting "more trailer for the money" you are getting a larger trailer with more amenities and or sleeping accomodations. The Jeep trailer would be the "bigger" trailer.

Negative. This isn't a 'bigger RV' argument. It's about features and value.

The Hyundai would probably ride much better than your XJ on the freeway; It would probably get much better gas milage; It would probably be much easier to get into; safer; less maintenance. Some might even argue that your Jeep shouldn't be driven on the highway because I am sure it doesn't meet all of the state laws ;)

Michael

That's an awfully bold guess. ;) (nice strawman, btw)

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

Both are cool in there own ways, but HELL I would build a trailer for either of those prices and be well ahead of the game in my bank account. I actually have an old Willy's pickup bed sitting next to the shop with the plans for making a nice looking off road trailer, but that's a winter project.

I think my current XJ will eventually reincarnate into a trailer of some sort. and cost a lot less than either of those options.

Back