• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep shuts off when wheeling...

Allen wheels everything in that jeep from johnson valley to the rubicon to all the awesome trails in reno. The entire sierra chapter is amazed that it is still holding up.

I had a similar problem a few years ago and mine ended up being the coil. When the motor got hot the spark would no longer be a crisp blue. Maybe when it's acting up just verify spark is good?

If I spray starting fluid it will start right up after I bleed the air from the line... Replaced the stock electric fan tonight with a 1200 Cfm fan... I got ride if the mech fan years ago.. So I have a 1200,1000 Cfm fan on the rig meow

This thing is pissing me off!!!! Redid the exhaust so it's not blowing on the tank! Did a hood vent! Gonna replace the coil and cps tomorrow and it that wont work the fuel pump is next!

I'm thinking you've got a failing pressure regulator and it's bypassing too much fuel. It's also in the tank, so you're probably looking at a fuel pump assembly replacement.

Ill check pressure tonight... Why would it only do it when wheeling with a lot of heat from crawling?

This has happened to me too crawling around the dunes. I figure mines de to heat soak but that's not usually an issue with your year?? I'm gonna wrap my fuel rail and throw some Lebarons in to fix the issue. Eventlly gonna pick up a fan kit from dirt bound and wire the power to the battery so it stay on till the temp drops

You could be sucking air into the fuel pump when you are at odd angles. Does the pump have the screen on the input. Does it do it if you wheel with a partial vs full tank?

I tried full tank and half tank and does it with both... I put the coil on and it seems ok at the moment but won't get to wheel till Wednesday night so ill update this Wednesday...

Back