• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JEEP lean

Huh.

Mine leans to the other side, probably because of me + spare tire.

I do need to get one of those "I lifted it because fat chicks can't jump" stickers though :D

they all lean. My go is to hell with it. I swapped my rears around...guess what, she'll lean again, then what? what about your front...i moved coils once upon a time, then it leaned again. I just beat the snot out of the one side on the trail lol.

Im fighting this right now. It's soo annoying.

Im going to swap the springs, and if it comes back, I'll put an aal in the rr one.

Mine leans to the driver's side pretty good with 1.5 year old RE 3.5" leafs. I weigh ~200 so I don't think that's the problem. For all I know, something is bent or broken in my suspension that I haven't spotted yet lol. I'm not worried about it enough to swap the springs out.

Okay that didn't work as planned. now leans to the drivers side :tears: . Time to find a fat chick

or two to three not-fat ones :D

my RE 3.5" leafs have always leaned to the drivers side. i even took the leafs apart and swapped every other leaf to the other pack. still leans. im suspecting the drivers side coil at this point. the whole drivers side is lower.

Time to awaken an old thread.

Swapped my leafs from left to right this past weekend and now my Jeep leans 1/2" to the driver's side. Jeep has been perfectly balanced since 2009 and it appears my leaf swap caused it to lean. Guess I'll swap them back this weekend and post back here if it fixes the issue.

Gomer has leaned for nearly ever. Three different sets of springs. Must be all that awesome torque form the Pottenger stroker!

My 6,000 pound tool box is even on the left side to try and compensate. But, it's not noticeable at all when I bouncing over the rocks, so I give up trying to fix it. At least until I find the corpses hidden from when it was Russian mafia owned.

David Bricker / SYR

Time to awaken an old thread.

Swapped my leafs from left to right this past weekend and now my Jeep leans 1/2" to the driver's side. Jeep has been perfectly balanced since 2009 and it appears my leaf swap caused it to lean. Guess I'll swap them back this weekend and post back here if it fixes the issue.

Here's an update. After swapping my leaf's from left to tight I ended up with 1.25 inch lean on the drivers side. I loosened up all leaf and shackle bolts and rocked the jeep back and forth hoping to have it settle to a correct level. No luck. Today I swapped the leaf's back to their original position and presto...the lean is gone. Test drove the heap and all is well.

This is another great application for shackle relocation brackets. My spare tire is offset to the driver's side on my rear bumper and caused that side to sit about 1-1.5" lower than the other. Fixed it with the relo bracket.

I cured My jeep lean with those ironrock shackles! every other xj I've seen has a lean!

Back