• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep is no more :(

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

holy crap man REALLY glad your ok after that, I understand the uneasyness after that.

OH my.. You walked away from this.. Man you have some good luck on your side....
HOLY CRAP Now get up an kiss your GF, tell her how much she means to you...

thanks guys

trust me when i saw my fiance i was almost in tears i was so happy to see her. i told her repeatedly how much i love her!

i can't believe i walked away, my buddy and i are both fine.

im REALLY sore still. my ribs and chest and neck are tweaked, but overall im fine.

OH my.. You walked away from this.. Man you have some good luck on your side....
HOLY CRAP Now get up an kiss your GF, tell her how much she means to you...

X2..........

I don't think that'll buff out... :dunno:

You just need a little time to process the whole event.. Since people are willing to get help out and store it, let them and take time to figure out the situation.

I bet you'll have a different outlook on life after that roll over..

E

yea E i agree.

i may get another XJ. my parents are kinda pushing me towards it since it was so safe and they are really reliable. which is a good idea. im thinking about it. i may get another.

if rick can get my XJ back i will gladly pay for it and set up a tech day (wrench party) with him to help swap my parts over. we shall see.

DSC00799.jpg

ok that sign "be careful TODAY" had to have been placed there for the pic

on a more serious note you are damn lucky and when ya think about i know it looks bad but ya gotta agree that jeep probly handled and stayed together better than most economy cars would....if anything scares me its when i drive in a honda civic and look over at a jeep or something bigger and think if that thing were to hit us were done but then again i can see not wantin to hop back in a jeep right now after this

just dont get something your not gunna be happy with cause you'll just hate it

good luck and merry christmas

Damn, those pictures look eerily familiar.

I went through the same thing, I rolled my first jeep, thought I didn't wanna get back into the wheeling scene and just bought another xj to keep stock and to daily drive.
I was parting out my other jeep and after talking to the first guy about xj's I realized I loved mine way too much not to build up another.
just take a few days to process it all, and really, get that other one back, even if you do decide you don't wanna build another you could make more than 400 bucks in parts!
:D

My Fiance' rolled her blazer an unknown amount of times, broke her neck in 2 places, cracked her head open. That kinda thing messes with you, but if you dont get out and push yourself it will only get harder.

Even to this day, some 6 years later when she watches a movie with a gnarly crash she freaks out.

Glad you and your friend are Ok, but definetly dont leave the jeeping.

Take it easy and maybe build something for trails only and take rides with other people for a while...

Damn Derrick! I was holding out for the pics to post. I am glad you are ok.

The crew will take care of you. All the mad scientist out there can have you back in a XJ in a weekend! Just give them the nod. That is a good bunch of people out there. They'll help ya!

Keep your head up bro and think things through. It will all come to you!

thanks to everyone!

i consider myself very lucky

and yes...i know that i would probably be safer in an XJ. im looking into a few on craigslist right now.

thanks!

Derrick, my wife rolled my XJ almost a year ago. She went over about 2 1/2 times at a speed of around 50 mph, thankfully the rig was fully caged inside and out. She received a concussion ( a rock that her and her friend were collecting for the fire pit had hit her) her friend walked away without a scratch. My wife was and still is grateful to have been in a such a safe rig, and that all the time and effort I put in to it was worth it. She has since gotten back in and has wheeled with me, and though she has gotten over it she will never forget it. Her friend on the other hand will not get back in my Jeep.

Back