• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep fighting recall

I presume Chrysler feels the aftermarket hitches are puncturing the tank whereas their OEM ones will not.

Personally as a Jeep and Crown Vic driver I think this is all over blown bullshit. If I take a hit at 75+ shit is going to go badly fire or no.

I presume Chrysler feels the aftermarket hitches are puncturing the tank whereas their OEM ones will not.

Personally as a Jeep and Crown Vic driver I think this is all over blown bullshit. If I take a hit at 75+ shit is going to go badly fire or no.

Agree 100%. I'm sure its the hoverments way of forcing back bailout funding. The $ that Chrysler will end up spending to resolve the recall will go straight into the market via the Chrysler employee's pocket (MFG expenses and labor..ect).

The numbers put forth to defend the recall was simply insane. No sense. :doh:

Today's new safety standards don't apply to older vehicles. Just like older homes aren't subject to modern building codes unless being remodeled.

Unfortunately in an age where common sense has gone out the window, that's just not true. If the hoverment is able to form a case, the lawyers will go at it. Especially with the large auto makers. The hoverment loves to say it did something to fix the none issues of our country.

All the vehicles listed for this recall passed the safety tests and inspections at the time. This was Chrysler's main defense.

I think the whole thing came about because the president of Chryco didn't vote for Obama. Who really knows.

Most likely, some 16 year old was texting and driving and rear ended a Jeep and killed someone. A good ambulance chaser realized that the 16 year old's family didn't have any money, so they decided to go after Chryco.

If I'm sitting in a car, stopped, and it gets hit at 75MPH ... I think the BEST thing that could happen is it blows up and kills me. If you live through that, your quality of life will be pretty low

My wife has a 2004 KJ limited with a factory hitch. I'll update with what Chrysler sends me. They were relentless with the notifications for the rear lower control arms corrosion recall.

I think the ambulace chaser angle is right on the money, even while coming out of bankrupcy, Chrysler is going to have deeper pockets than an errant driver, their family, trucker, or trucking/shipping company, so they will get sued for a faulty product instead of charging the wreckless parties with the crime and related fees.

Already starting to see people trying to sell their current ZJ hitches so they can get a free dealer one installed and pocket some cash. :roflmao:

My wife drives a 98 ZJ 5.9.

I'll update with what, if anything they do for us.

It has a factory hitch on it, but it is rusty to the point that I'm not sure how much I trust it.

I'll see if that goes anywhere.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago when they replaced the cat on my 96 XJ...10 to 15 year old vehicles pushing 200k getting new parts...

mac '5.9 is 15 years old with 235k' gyvr

Back