• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad's Prototypes for new product.

Sorry, that's too much work! We already have too many options on these things! On the 97+ we have to use the lip as part of the tail light boxes (which you will see later today.)

Im not trying to nit pick. :cheers:

You guys made a good choice, it looks great when combined with the tail lights. :worship:

Alright jcr!

On version 2 you should have the panel go all the way down the back of the door/front of the fender!

On version 2 you should have the panel go all the way down the back of the door/front of the fender!

Or get you 5 bucks worth of steel and do it yourself! :D

Sorry this will cause a handful of problems for something that has to install on everyone's XJ.

1). Alignment. Some Jeeps have been hit in this area and have been repaired. That means, the jeep would have to be perfect for the tail lights to line up, and the side panels to line up and well as some little leg that wraps down and along the door. Just too much to go wrong on the consumers installation end. These things are tricky to get install as it is and that would make it REALLY hard.

2.) Shipping. Akward sizes are not UPS's friend. The larger and more Akward the size, the more expensive on your end. Plus, it would become something that would get our account flagged regularly as they would size it and overcharge us incorrectly. It sucks that we have to work inside UPS quidelines, however, they are the most affordable and reliable shipping company.

3.) Efficiency of Steel. We currently can get 5 sets of 1/4 panels out of every sheet of steel. This makes the cost cheaper for the customer. By adding that downward leg, we would be limited to 3 sets per sheet and alot of wasted material. This would drive the cost up on the 1/4 panels.

I MIGHT consider making the little down leg an add on piece that can be purchased and welded on by the customer. But right now, I have alot on my plate and don't think it will be moved up to a priority.

Slotted guards done!

97upQuarterPanelSlots5.jpg

97upQuarterPanelSlots4.jpg

97upQuarterPanelSlots3.jpg

They will probably interfer (and look goofy) I would suggest the flush cut version that ends at the tail lights.

Yeah thats what I thought too. I'm not real fond of the slots either.

Alrighty then....We were trying to have these up on Friday, however we ran out of time. We came in this weekend and got them finalized and ready for production. They will be going up on our website in the next few hours and the introductory pricing will be available for the first 5 sets.

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights3.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights4.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights5.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights6.jpg

Alrighty then....We were trying to have these up on Friday, however we ran out of time. We came in this weekend and got them finalized and ready for production. They will be going up on our website in the next few hours and the introductory pricing will be available for the first 5 sets.

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights3.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights4.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights5.jpg

Gen2QuarterPanelTaillights6.jpg

Ohhh, that makes me want to paint my tail light boxes body color now! :loveu:

Alright, back at this I guess.....

Here are our tube doors that many of you have seen. They are kind of on the chopping block to wether they will make it into production or be cast away. We have had very little interest in them thus far and we don't intent to make the jigs for production if they are not going to sell. What's your input on this?

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics1.jpg

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics2.jpg

The ends of the tubes have plastic hammer in caps that you install after the doors have been painted. The bolt onto the factory hinges, so you remove your doors, install tube doors and away you go. We have them on our site for $600 for a set of 4. We had them in our black friday sale for $480 and no bites...

Alright, back at this I guess.....

Here are our tube doors that many of you have seen. They are kind of on the chopping block to wether they will make it into production or be cast away. We have had very little interest in them thus far and we don't intent to make the jigs for production if they are not going to sell. What's your input on this?

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics1.jpg

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics2.jpg

The ends of the tubes have plastic hammer in caps that you install after the doors have been painted. The bolt onto the factory hinges, so you remove your doors, install tube doors and away you go. We have them on our site for $600 for a set of 4. We had them in our black friday sale for $480 and no bites...

it's winter right now tube doors are the last thing on anybodys mind.

Maybe sell just the latches and the hinges.

A. I would buy them
B. I couldn't see myself spending $600+shipping on a set of Tube doors
C. If the latch/handle area actually had a handle to use to open them I think it would be better... Ex:

100_2833.jpg

Part of the reason I lost interest on the doors for black friday is I knew nothing about the them. IE, Latch's, Hinges what it takes to install. Don't want to drop 5 coin then not like what I bought.

X2 on the latch sytem, would be more inclined to buy if they had a better latch/handle, a Gate latch just doesnt cut it for me, at least for the fronts doors.

They actually are not gate latches. They are actually a spring loaded "slam" latch with a really easy lever at the top to open the doors. The reason we use these latches is because they are compact, high quality, very secure and you don't have to change out your door strikers. They open easily with only one finger.

TubeDoorLatch1.jpg

TubeDoorLatch2.jpg

TubeDoorLatch3.jpg

Back