• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad's Prototypes for new product.

They actually are not gate latches. They are actually a spring loaded "slam" latch with a really easy lever at the top to open the doors. The reason we use these latches is because they are compact, high quality, very secure and you don't have to change out your door strikers. They open easily with only one finger.

TubeDoorLatch2.jpg

ok so a few quick questions regarding these strikers

1) i like the design and that they are so compact, but what is it like opening from in the vehicle(do you have to reach out and pop them from the outside), it looks like theres enough room you could get your fingers in there

2) refering to the above pic, im assuming to release the latch you push the black lever towards the b-pillar, or does it come away to release

3) i like the doors alot and may purchase but if i decide against it could you sell just a set of 4 latches

Double post... sorry

Last edited:
I like how the latches are not so in your face. And I like the kit idea cause I would never be able to afford 600 bucks for what I consider cosmetic. But I don't have access to a tubing notcher, and I think that most people who do would just build their own doors.

What about just selling a pair of fronts? Instead of a set of four, just the front two as an option. I am personally more interested in just the fronts for money reasons. But would like to buy the matching rears down the road a bit.

Overall I think the design is sexy. ;)

Last edited:
We dumped the tube doors last spring, we have no plan to offer any sort of tube door or tube door kit.

After building a set of my own using similar latching and 1.75" tube, I cant say I blame you for abandoning the idea....No one wants to buck up for the cost, and mine took a LOT of time to build...I would have started selling replicas of my own, but after powdercoating, I had well over 500 just in material costs, with the latches and tube/angle...people love 'em, but they take too much time to build.
Rich

We are getting ready to do some prototyping on some other Jeeps. Trying coming up with some ideas for the XJ for some new products.

We are planning to re-design our winch bumpers to make them easier to build and cheaper (hopefully) for the end user.

Other than that, I'm all ears for ideas you guys may have.

We are getting ready to do some prototyping on some other Jeeps. Trying coming up with some ideas for the XJ for some new products.

We are planning to re-design our winch bumpers to make them easier to build and cheaper (hopefully) for the end user.

Other than that, I'm all ears for ideas you guys may have.

Front fender skins, tube fenders, a high clearence belly pan/crossmember.

Care to expand on this? There are at least 5 other good companies that offer this already.

im not really a "kit" consumer but how bout a three link setup with crossmember.... theres a lot of serious guys looking for this out there and theres really only one good three link kit on the market.... just a thinking out loud

Alright, back at this I guess.....

Here are our tube doors that many of you have seen. They are kind of on the chopping block to wether they will make it into production or be cast away. We have had very little interest in them thus far and we don't intent to make the jigs for production if they are not going to sell. What's your input on this?

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics1.jpg

97upXJ4drTubeDoorsPics2.jpg

The ends of the tubes have plastic hammer in caps that you install after the doors have been painted. The bolt onto the factory hinges, so you remove your doors, install tube doors and away you go. We have them on our site for $600 for a set of 4. We had them in our black friday sale for $480 and no bites...

$500 to $550 seems just right im in az and those would be great for winter out here haha im in i love em

I think they look great but I don't think you will sell a ton of them.

Back