• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR utk 1 ton steering

Well anyway if the jeep hit a bump or uneven on the right the steering wheel and jeep would go left and vise versa. Not drastically but notable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good definition of bump steer.
Try to get the tie rod more parallel w/ the ground, it'll help.
Regardless of what some of the peep's say on this post.
Best luck!

Interesting today. I had the XJ back on the alignment rack at work today. As I mentioned my caster was at 5.5/5.4. According to our hunter alignment machine I'm in green range. The shop manual calls for 7.0 +-1.5 degrees. Note pinion angle take priority over caster. I added a 1/8 shim on both sides that brought close to 6.5. My pinion angle is fine. I drove it home. No bump steer. I found it very interesting that the XJ can have bump steer at the minimum caster but no wander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience finding the sweet spot for your caster can take a few tries, but definitely worth the effort. Can also have caster off on one side to deal with pulling to either side while driving.

Back