• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR 1-ton Steering

i just ordered a oks fron t&t which looks identical to the jcr set up, but they did not mention anything about the poly spacer.....is flop on the tre less of a factor if it is over the knuckle vs under??? i have not installed it yet but i will let u know how it works

someone can tell me what is the parts numbers for this spacer

factory orig JEEP J series truck spacers.
Here is a pic:
TJSpacers.jpg

this one is not from JCR and your right 5$ for thr JCR spacer but I m in Canada and I dont want pay 20$ for shipping so I try too find the number for this one

XJQuébec said:
this one is not from JCR and your right 5$ for thr JCR spacer but I m in Canada and I dont want pay 20$ for shipping so I try too find the number for this one

Refer to pg. 3 of this thread, post #39.

I have had mine on the jeep for over a year and love it. Doesn't wonder,the steering feels tight, and its a lot easier to adj that a stock set up....I haven't ever had trouble with the nuts coming loose on either side..

Persistent SOB aren't ya?

:roflmao:

d-rail said:
i...is flop on the tre less of a factor if it is over the knuckle vs under???

Can somebody answer this question? I can't see how it would be any different. Just flop in the other direction. I've read that it's better OTK but I've also read that the OTK flops.

Deadman 94 xj said:
Holy hell, just make your own. It shouldn't be very difficult.

All he asked for was a part number for the metal/poly spacer this time...;)

I think there are several of us looking for the same thing. So far all we know is that the part is elusive and that it comes from a J10. Come on...some of us are tired of all the slop...

Anyone know?

desertracer said:
All he asked for was a part number for the metal/poly spacer this time...;)

I think there are several of us looking for the same thing. So far all we know is that the part is elusive and that it comes from a J10. Come on...some of us are tired of all the slop...

Anyone know?

I understand. I would just buy the JCR spacer (or a rubber one), trim it and sandwich it with two grade 8 1/2 washers. I know the one in that pic is cupped but I'm sure something could be found at the local hardware or homedepot. JMO

quick question why cant you make the spacer out of metal???? is there a special reason it needs to be plastic???? or is it rubber?

Last edited:
ricot83 said:
quick question why cant you make the spacer out of metal???? is there a special reason it needs to be plastic???? or is it rubber?

It would bind with the TRE housing/body when it flexes. Not good for the TRE. I thought about using soft aluminum but it would just need to be retightened all the time when it became deformed.

I just installed the OTK set-up on my XJ. But now I have bad death wobble. The last run I went on with my old set-up I had a little on the way home,, but I fugured it was because of the mud in my wheels. Do you know why it would be worse with the JCR kit? I had a stabilizer before now I dont, can that be it?
And yes, I reamed correctly and am confident in it.
Thanks all.

Should I throw a stabilizer on and "cover" the DW up?
I dont know what it can be, I just put both new wheel bearings in. Can shocks be the issue?

SketchyXJ said:
Do you know why it would be worse with the JCR kit?

If you didn't have death wobble with the inverted Y, and you have it now with the inverted T it could mean that:
Your alignment is wrong off, something in the steering isn't tight.

But, a wheel to wheel tie-rod enables the tires to directly crosstalk. That means if you had an issue before that that the inverted Y was absorbing, the inverted T may bring it front and center.

Check your balljoints, tracbar bushings, and tracbar frame mount.

SketchyXJ said:
Should I throw a stabilizer on and "cover" the DW up?
I dont know what it can be, I just put both new wheel bearings in. Can shocks be the issue?
What are your alignment numbers?Also have your tire/wheels checked for balance!

Back