• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've search cant find a match though 88xj

OK, so how do you get "winter air" in the summer?

Depending on location winter air can cost almost double of that of summer air.

They tried to sell me winter air yesterday, lol. I was like, "Um, dude, this is the desert. We have at least two more months of summer." I will get it after our first Indian Summer.

I personally wait until after the Autumnal Equinox, as it starts to get colder then, here in the mountains of Northeast PA. I will set my compressor outside on the night of the first full moon of the fall, and do all five cars. It offers much better flotation on the coming winter snows!

Not sure if I'd trust that site. I clicked on the link and it had a cool picture on the sidebar, and I like pictures, so I clicked on it and it was a valve... here's their product description:
Hey, they carry muffler bearings and blinker fluid, that's something most places won't carry. That should prove their legitimacy right there!

I personally wait until after the Autumnal Equinox, as it starts to get colder then, here in the mountains of Northeast PA. I will set my compressor outside on the night of the first full moon of the fall, and do all five cars. It offers much better flotation on the coming winter snows!

Be sure to purge your compressor tank...I like to charge it with nitrogen to remove impurities, then recharge with the cool, Autumnal air.

There's a few tire shops around here filling tires with nitrogen, and they put on valve stems with a green band. Supposedly the nitrogen atoms are larger, and less likely to leak out. The problem is, they don't get all of the ambient air out first. And, how is an atom larger than a molecule, say, of CO2, which is present in normal atmosphere? I say fill 'em with CO2, (gathered, of course at the proper time of year), and then not only will they be non-flammable, but we'll be getting rid of a bad thing. All the CO2 in the world will be captured in tires, not causing Global Warming!

I filled mine with helium, it gave me 1.5" of extra lift

Don't them little molecules leak out faster than the big ones so that -Properly Aged Vintage Tire Air- is mostly nitrogen?

all the bottom air leaked out of my tires, fortunately the more expensive top air has remained. No one bothers stocking top air these days.

Yeah, typically a tire is only flat on the bottom, so it's only the bottom air that came out. That's why helium for an extra boost in your lift is good, as it will collect inside the top of the tire, and never come out. But, if a tire goes completely flat, it will solve the original poster's problem. The flat tire won't squeal, but rather make a flapping noise, and soon begin shooting sparks, as the rubber disintegrates. Then you could be on one of those car-chase shows, shooting sparks as you speed down the freeway!

I know it's a little early still but you may want to switch the tires to winter air. Or at least a fall blend..

Winter blend tends to hold air the best. Especially with aluminum wheels.

There's a few tire shops around here filling tires with nitrogen, and they put on valve stems with a green band. Supposedly the nitrogen atoms are larger, and less likely to leak out. The problem is, they don't get all of the ambient air out first. And, how is an atom larger than a molecule, say, of CO2, which is present in normal atmosphere? I say fill 'em with CO2, (gathered, of course at the proper time of year), and then not only will they be non-flammable, but we'll be getting rid of a bad thing. All the CO2 in the world will be captured in tires, not causing Global Warming!
But if you blow a tire, you would be releasing all that CO2 at once, and that wouldn't be good

Yeah, a tree may overdose...
That's what i don't understand about all this Global Warming nonsense-CO2 is good for trees and plants, they need it, and then they give off the oxygen, which we need. Why does the government say that CO2 is bad, when it's half of the whole life cycle? Oh, wait, if they tax it, it's OK. Well, wouldn't they want us to make more, so they can tax it? Seems like hot air is the only thing this country makes anymore...

I can't believe this!! You guys are such dicks! Everybody knows winter-air is highly unecessary! To the OP...I would say you've got the tires on the wrong sides. Take your left tires off the rims and put them on the right and vise versa. Take it from me, I'm a mechanic.

Back