• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It was a hell of a ride

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Well, let me say that it is going to probably cost $60k to fix it. We were making time on the first Pro-Truck into pit #2, Justin was driving the hell out of the Truck, We were on the Rev limiter non-stop, 105-MPH, then we stuffed the left front in a silt hole, broke the left front ball joint, Got out and changed it out in 20 Min. Back in, and started to make up some great time, then all of a sudden we came into a huge silt field, there was cars everywhere, total black out, I had him drive right off the course way out in the weeds, passed all of them, back on track clipping down power-line road at about 90+ and we see smoke ahead! they brought all of us to a stop. A class 8 truck had sheared off a power pole, just as they got out of the truck the power-lines fell on the truck and it exploded. 1.5 hour delay. Once we got restarted we were pushing it hard, a little to hard, we were winding down the mountains from 7500 ft, came into a right hand turn way too hot and all of a sudden here is a class 1 hanging off a drop off with the co-driver standing next to the buggy, we hit the car, flew off of the side hit about 60ft the first time, stuffed the left side front wheel, tore the whole left front off, truck flipped at least twice in the air and landed approx 300ft from impact, I was sooo happy I could feel my legs. We thought we killed the guys standing next to his car, but it just threw him 20ft down the embankment. We finally got picked up at 11PM. The IRC tracker guys said it was a 5g hit ? all I know is, it hurts today. Glad to be home. When is the next race???
IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

Last edited:
Here is what was left of a Protruck that I was CoDriving in the 40th Anniversary Baja 1000. We were doing about 100mph down a straight woop section just North of Scorpion Bay and G'd the truck out. Next thing I knew we were coming down on the front right and going for a ride. We went end over end 3 times and stopped on the wheels. All I have to say is I'm glad I was wearing a D-cell. It knocked power out of the IrcTrack so I don't know what our g's were but it felt like someone kicked me in the gut for a few days. The front and back of the truck were bent up and destroyed and the A-pillar on my side was bent back. About 60 grand worth of damage too. Didn't stop me from enjoying a week in Cabo afterwords, but man I swear the tops of a Protuck are magnetized.:D

protruck250_2.jpg

At least we did not put the lite bar on, that saves 4500.00. I can't believe you guys did not break a ball joint. We broke every front suspension part on the front except the cheesy little drag link! The upper arms are in four pieces.

At least we did not put the lite bar on, that saves 4500.00. I can't believe you guys did not break a ball joint. We broke every front suspension part on the front except the cheesy little drag link! The upper arms are in four pieces.

It never touched the wheels untill it stopped! We used to have a lot of balljoint problems but now change them every prep and keep the old ones for spares. We have a lot at the shop. Expensive insurance. Yeah the light bar sucks too, especially since they would look so good on the Cherokee.

Last edited:
OH chit,At least you lived to tell about it. how about the guys standing next to the truck any major injuries from the embankment dive? Glad to see you guys are ok

Godddamm Rich, sounds like a good time!! hahahaha, shit, so when is the next race?

Damn Rich, sounds like one helluva ride. Glad you guys (and the other guy) are OK.

LOL dude seriously thats insain rich. i like the "100mph to hot hit a truck and some guys they OLNY flew 20 feet" dude as bad as it could have been all I did was giggle the whole read... But seriously glad everyone is ok, and some duct tape and super glue you will be bruning down the road in no time.

and jump this lol- ever think of taking up rock crawling lol!!!

peace
ted

Back