• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is pb blaster the best?

Okie Terry said:
Good thing they invented drill bits and thread taps.

Yeah because nothing helps keep the seal face in good working order like running a drill bit into it and then shooting a tap down the hole....

Sorry but to my cheap ass a set of wheel cylinders that do not need to be changed is more then I would like to spend.

amybe I am the last guy on earth who hones and reseals wheel cylinders?

Beezil said:
Go KROIL or go home.

The boy from Chitown beat me to it.

PB Blaster is far superior to Liquid Wrench, but Kroil is ever better. I don't know of any local source for it here in CT, though. We have to special order it.

notorious DUG said:
amybe I am the last guy on earth who hones and reseals wheel cylinders?

Probably.

I used to do that, and I still have the hone, but the price of a rebuild kit is so close to the price of rebuilt wheel cylinders these days, by the time I factor in the raw cost of electricity it's about a dead heat. I know my time's not worth much, but it's gotta be worth something.

notorious DUG said:
And to think I thought you where vaugely mechanical...

The problem with bleeders is they are hollow and twist off very easily ruining the wheel cylinder or caliper unless you can extract the end of the bleeder without damaging the seal face.

Dug hit it! I like to get them out in one piece!

Ghost said:
Where does one get this? I've got a bleader screw that is resistant and not wanting to let PB break it free!
heck new caliper are only 15 bucks i got my bleeder lose but the dang thing wouldn't reseat so i had to spend the money.

CLP is great, but the stuff is a major pain in the rear, like GI-John said. For the MK19's we cant even use it, because it will erode some of the polished parts, (very bad thing). what we've found that works on m-16's (even tho we prolly shouldnt do this we do) is aviation dryfilm lube (graphite lube). if you put on a VERY light coat, it coats the bolt wonderfully and it doesnt attract dirt. when it comes time to really clean, some clp and the stuff comes off. for MAJOR cleaning stuff, we've always found that MEK works really good, but the stuff is caustic as hell. Well, i'm rambling, sorry guys. I've never used pb blaster, we've always had big cans of WD-40 around the house, which always seemed to do the job well, so i never complained.

Kris

Kroil, any will work but Silikroil is the best. The stuff is scary-good. I know the Aerokroil is available at NAPA stores.
Nothing else comes close.

Kroil is it for me (never used PB blaster cause I never see it in stores). We use Kroil, Master Mechanic, and Liquid Wrench at the refinery here. Kroil wins hands down on breaking loose rusted up and petroleum goowd up stuf.

Okie Terry said:
When I was in the Air Force, we had a substance called Break Free.

Since I've been out, I haven't been able to find it.

However as a substitute, PB comes a near second.

Bought some last year at a gun shop..wimps got it in a spray can now...why, when I was in the army, it worked great on those new fangled cross bows, and we didn't need no spray can...

Back