• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is anyone useing this lift

I bought this exact lift on eBay a couple (3? 4?) years back. To put it in very condense terms: it sucks.

The AAL added 0" of lift. That's right. Not one single inch. The blocks were never delivered, and there was a bracket that didn't fit (forgot which one) and the shocks are the epitome of suck. I ended up ditching the AAL, made a bastard pack leaf set, and added Rock Krawler upper and lower control arms. This smoothed it up quite a bit. Complimented with some nicer shocks, it's not too bad. (The arms and shocks set me back something like $500).

That being said, I would actually recommend another kit, the RE 4.5". But to each his own. Apparently I'm in the minority in the hating of RC in this thread, but I don't think I would ever buy another one from them.

crazyjim said:
It'll sag... No matter what company, the aal will sag. Just spend the extra for a full pack

This is BS.:twak:

I bought a 3" AAL from Rubicon Express in 2001 and have put 90,000 miles on and have hauled well over a ton with a few times, they has been abused for years.

It gave me 3.5" of lift until I wheeled it one time. That made them settle down to 3" of lift. I measured a few weeks ago and guess what I still have 3" of lift....:moon:

Back