• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Nothing wrong with the 4.5" Rusty's lift I installed over 2 years ago. It has performed flawlessly. The price is hard to beat except for rough country, but that's a whole different story.

Williamsport proper doesn't have much around it, but NW of there around Renovo there is a great state forest tract with plenty of varied terrain to legally wheel. Might be a little out of your way, though. I go up there about once a month so my daughter can see her mom and then I head out to my mom's, where the state forest land is. Good camping out there, though, which makes it easy to stay a few days. Can do state forest campsites or wilderness style. I was out there this past weekend and it was very snowy. I ended up on a forest road that had been groomed for snowmobiling. It was 12-14 inches of hard packed snow, which my currently open diffs (even with 4 tire chains) really didn't like. I'm working on prepping a set of axles with 4.10's and rear No-Slip and front OX, so when that's finished, I'd be happy to check out what you have up your way as well, since it's actually closer to me. If all goes well, I will be up and running mid-March. I'm kind of in a mods frenzy right now because my last Jeep kissed a telephone pole (I wasn't the driver!) and now I'm building another one. I left the locker in the other one (only a D35) and sold the Jeep to my brother (who was the driver), but the hit I took in winter ability was obvious after this past weekend so I'm trying to regain that functionality as quickly as I can. March. . .

Sounds good. Let me know

hello all from gloucester mass

names doug,,,, i have a 90 xj limited,, this will be my 2nd one after i broke the last one mostly in half lol.( pic of the old truck below ) it seems that i have good skills off road, but my trucks cant keep up ,,, hmmm or maybe i have crap skills and i'm doomed lol. anyways i have no budget,, 31x10.5 interco tsl's,,, a welder,,,,a sweet rattle can undercoat paint job, very little time,,, but a huge cooler in the back :) ( the tires rub a lot,,, ill lift it soon)anyways ive loved the posts here and have learned a lot,,, ive ripped out the carpet, cut out the front wheel wells,, will patch the floor,, and looking forward to fabbing some bumpers and replacing the rockers with 2x6 square tube. is anyone here near me?

Last edited:
My name is Eric Peil and I live in St Augustine, FL. I just acquired a 1990 4dr, 4X4, 4L, 5spd XJ. I don't know much about it yet - it appears to be all stock except for a Borla exhaust system. It does have a few issues as did the vehicle I traded for it but even still I got the better end of the bargain.

I am very excited about this vehicle. I race off-road motorcycles, mostly motocross, and to enter in the 09 Baja 1000 later this year. I am 52 now so I think my off-road motorcycle days are winding down but I can't get the dirt off so the Jeepspeed stuff sounds really cool.

My current issue is going to be the clutch - it doesn't work. You can put it in 1st, 2nd, 3rd (etc) and crank the starter and it starts and drives. I have been able to dry shift up through the gears at low RPMs but as I said the clutch doesn't work - the previous owner inherited it and wasn't at all mechanically inclined (not that I am) so he hasn't been able to tell me anything. It also appears the rear main seal is leaking - it does have 203K miles on it but the engine runs flawlessly.

No pictures at the moment but then who wants to see a plain-jane stock XJ?

My name is Diego
From Alexandria, VA
Getting old

Here are my Jeeps

1995 Cherokee

RC 3.0" suspension lift
30.5" MT tires
Some armor

2001 Cherokee

RC 3.0" suspension lift
AEM CAI
Dynomax Exhaust

2003 Rubicon
Spider Customs Trail Corner guards
Spider Customs Steering Box Skid plate
Rock guards / Sliders
Smitty Built Rear bumper
Custom made front bumper with integrated winch plate, shackles, radiator hoop and stinger.
Interior is fully Herculined
Super Winch 9X with custom installation
Snorkel
Off Road light bar
Yukon 4.88 gears
RE 16.5 Drive Shaft
Rock Krawler Heavy Duty steering System (second edition)
One inch Day Star body lift
RE Front and rear adjustable track bars
Rock Krawler 5.5” front and rear coil springs
5” inch Skyjacker Long arm Kit
Front and Rear Rock Crusher Differential guards
Nth degree Belly up skid plate
TBT Oil Skid Plate
On board air tank
Front and Rear Wet Okole seat covers
Locking box with speakers
Sony CD/MP3 Player
Sony Speakers
Set of 5 – 36” Super Swamper Irok tires
Set of 5 – MT 15 “ wheels
Thumb throttle control
CB Radio
Xenon Rock Crawler fender flares
Curry antyrock set up
Skyjacker Platinum series shocks

IMG_2323.jpg

CopyofIMG_7154.jpg

my name is Ron and am new here, I have a 73 cj-5 but as soon as I sell it I'm going to get an xj. They seem to have enough room for my family and gear

Re: hello all from gloucester mass

names doug,,,, i have a 90 xj limited,, this will be my 2nd one after i broke the last one mostly in half lol.( pic of the old truck below ) it seems that i have good skills off road, but my trucks cant keep up ,,, hmmm or maybe i have crap skills and i'm doomed lol. anyways i have no budget,, 31x10.5 interco tsl's,,, a welder,,,,a sweet rattle can undercoat paint job, very little time,,, but a huge cooler in the back :) ( the tires rub a lot,,, ill lift it soon)anyways ive loved the posts here and have learned a lot,,, ive ripped out the carpet, cut out the front wheel wells,, will patch the floor,, and looking forward to fabbing some bumpers and replacing the rockers with 2x6 square tube. is anyone here near me?

Did it break in half due to cutting all the structural support behind the rear window?
just wondering....

the picture kinda sucks but there was a tube skeleton welded in there. THAT part was solid as a rock lol. i made a bad line,,, + hung up on the tcase crossmember, corrosion comes in here ,,, the middle just caved,, shafts fell out, it was awful.i gave it away to a freind that wanted to resurrect it but i havent seen it.

My name is Adam and I am from the Great white north (Ontario Canada)
But am a Trail Guide for the Penn's Woods Jeep Jamboree in Bradford PA.

I have a 97 XJ sport with a total of 6.5" of lift (4.5" RE and 2" Rustys spacers) 8 1/4 rear with a rubicon 44 front and 35" KM2's

2005221500054155144S600x600Q85.jpg

Welcome to all of the new folks!!!! Wow.... this post has been getting a lot of activity lately, its great seeing so many new folks on the forums.

Seth here, located in southern RI. 01 XJ sport with just a baby boost and BFG 30 inch AT tires.
Heres some pics back when she was stock:
3327803698_d4f2153dc9.jpg

3327802440_3451fa2059.jpg

3327802408_67ea1f0f66.jpg

3326966861_2d09291937.jpg

And one crappy cell phone pic after stage 1 of mod
3326966419_e4ba327026.jpg

more legit pics to come

Last edited:
Hello!

My name is Stan and I just got my first Cherokee.

It is a little worn but has personality.

Here are some pics:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

I lucked out with the truck. I run a local car club and recently had a good guy join. He just got a 240sx (which most of our members have owned) and also wheeled.

So now I will learn my Cherokee tech from him and I will help him drive his car like an animal.

I can't wait to take the kids out for a drive in this thing.

Thanks again Rag. I have been chasing the speed demon for too long. This is WAY more fun. I mean at stock on some simple stuff this is fun. I can't imagine the adrenalin you guys go thru when climbing big items.

The wheels are all painted black. It has 31x10.5s on stockers. They are a little beat up so once I figure the direction I'm taking with the truck they will be replaced. :)

Howdy,I'm Dirty Bill. I'm not exactly new here,but have been away for a while. I'm glad to see the forum was able to get by without me,but I'm glad to be back :D

Edited to say,I have a 96 xj with an old man emu lift,bumped up to 3 inches or so..My wife has a 98 tj,all stock except for rear bumper and 10x32 tires.

Hey thur... My name is Mike. I live up in Pittsburgh. I'm in hrja,,, but I like this all xj stuff here..I read all the specs n faqs and yinz know alot of stuff..
what would be the advantages of being a member here? do you guys have trail rides in my area?
heres my buggy. pre damnnear everything.
CIMG1198.jpg

Hey thur... My name is Mike. I live up in Pittsburgh. I'm in hrja,,, but I like this all xj stuff here..I read all the specs n faqs and yinz know alot of stuff..
what would be the advantages of being a member here? do you guys have trail rides in my area?
heres my buggy. pre damnnear everything.
CIMG1198.jpg

Welcome!!!
We have not had any trail rides out that way yet, but only because we don't have any members out that way that know the legal places to wheel yet. If you want to become a member and be a point of contact for help in this, we could certainly set something up.

A.

Back