• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Thanks, just got back from its shake down run. The xj was tired when I got it... a lot of elbow grease later she looks and runs great! Pretty pleased with the performance, it did well in the sand, rode well on the highway, and fully loaded with crap in it and on the roof rack, and dragging a camper it still averaged 15.4 mpg over 2 tanks on the trip. Not bad for a barn on 31s

hey, just picked up a 99 xj 5speed 4 door a month ago! had a 93 xj 10 years ago and wanted another haha, any meets in the north atlantic area's, i am pretty much stock for now until i work out some kinks!

I am just introducing myself to the forum have a white mint 1996 Jeep Cherokee sport. I'm glad to be part of this community and hope to grow with you guys and girls. I'm from Vernon New Jersey and hope There's a couple of you guys from Jersey here. I can't wait to start modifying my XJ. See you guys soon on the trail

Hi guys,
My name is Joshua, I'm from Sandy level va.
I join back in 09 but haven't post till now. Over the past weekend I was at the va4wda annual trail ride and roc2pus was in our group. Great guy by the way, awesome to wheel with. I've had 5 xjs since 08. My current ride is a 91. With the following specs.
4.0l with less than 5000 miles
Aw4
Rebuilt 231 with shorty sye
Hp Dana 30 front opened and a 31 spline 8.8 limited slip rear 4:56s
6in Rough country long arms kit
Iro crossover steering and 8.8 truss kit
33x12.50 mud claws
Factory a/c compressor converted to oba.
9500 lb winch with a VA fab full width bumper.

Plans as of now is to cut the back behind the door from the body line down. I have a 04 we steering pump to go on it. My steering box is on it's way out so I'll replace with a Durango box. I'm hoping to get iron man Andy's shackle relocation brackets to get the flex out of back that I'm lacking.

welcome

Hey everybody! I'm completely new to the whole off road in general. I got into it because I work at FT. Irwin and I love it when we go out to the field on our track vehicles or our wheeled tactical vehicles. I decided I wanted to get a jeep to extend some of fun I get from work to home. I picked up a lifted XJ but let me tell you it hasn't been fun so far.
I bought the jeep the night before Thanksgiving this year and I drove it an hour to get home. Thanksgiving morning, Thursday morning, I take it out for a quick spin about 30 minutes or so and I get back home and park it. Later that day we proceed to go on about our festivities and relax.
After I got myself in a food coma I go to sleep and wake up Friday morning with the sound of the jeep being turned on so I grab my weapon of choice Springfield XD40 and look out my window and I see the tail lights of the jeep I just bought driving away at 0500. I call the local PD make a report and I get it back at 0600 after it suffered some abuse and extreme off road. Well I go to drive it home and something feels broken, the left front end of the vehicle is on the floor. The pursuit ended a mile from my house so I decided to drive it the rest of the way there. I park it in my front yard go to turn the key off and I can't because they busted the column somehow and I had to remove fuel pump relay and disconnect battery. I turn the jeep back on and drive it to the back yard. :(
Anyhow I went to 8 different salvage yards, my traveled to Victorville, Adelanto, Fontana, San Bernardino, Rubidoux and Ontario to find 1 complete steering column. I installed it, things that didn't work before now work so I felt accomplished. BUT! It still left me with a big problem. Broken, sagging/missing suspension! Anyhow enough with the long story. This is all I know about the jeep. 1988 Cherokee Laredo, 6.5" lift (supposedly) 207k miles.

Sorry forgot pictures, I was only able to take 1 picture before it got stolen! So I also took 1 after picture.
How it currently sits:

How it did when I got it:

Last edited:
sorry to hear that. it looks really clean. much too clean for the north east of the US. Im guessing your in CA? you should post up in their local thread. they could probably help you more.

Kind of a re introduction here, hey guys, a very small amount of you I have met through Internet dealings ect, I'm Tom from ct have a 96 xj(4.0/aw4/231) built hp44/35spline 9" longarms , clayton springs,bilstein7100's ect.

Last edited:
x43ry8.jpg

Hers a pic of my rig that's currently under construction, built hp44/9"

anti-gravity mod. Sweet!

Back