• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interesting enough to share you'll get a chuckle

Outlander560

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody just like the title says this is interesting find (funny to)...being up at school in central new york I have met a few members of a local club and from what i have gathered re-gearing or building your jeep up is not needed...I run trussed d30 with 4.88s F and R blah blah...but what im getting at is that all the guys i have talked to are running 10+ inches of lift on 35s and on 39s with a completely stock drive train....most recently I have discussed with a guy who has been into jeeps for 16+ years, claiming that 11 inches of lift on 3.55s running 39 swampers on stock axles front and rear no upgrading, and running through ROCKS as well as being a daily driver he gets 17-20 mpg..with a TB spacer and a CA intake..so what do you guys think i kept my mouth shut and didnt say anything like "your wrong" or "shinnanigans"...i just wanted to share it with all of you. and see what all of you think

O by the way if you have any stock parts for sale let me know they go trough them a lot :rolleyes: already sold a bunch :party:

The difference between genius and stupidity is that stupidity has its limits.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that stupidity has its limits.
No, I think it's genius that has the limits.

Outlander: I'd keep my mouth shut and start inviting the crew to go wheeling every weekend you get the chance. Places you know you can make on one full tank of gas,.. Places you know are a challenge for your rig,.. stuff like that.

Oh,.. you broke? Funny, I didn't. Why you stopping for gas? I thought your rig got 20mpg? The smarter ones will start gravitating to you to find out what you're doing right. The rest will start avoiding you, cause you're too expensive to wheel with.

I live in central NY, so I also run across some of the same mentality. These are the same folks that actually like mud! Ecch.

Yeah, all ya need it a lift, and stupid huge tires, and you're good to go! There is an Excurison near me on portal axles and Ag tires. Looks frightening as all get out, but wins points in the "cool" factor game, I guess. You don't want to follow it on the highway, depending on what chassis component may fall off at any time.

David Bricker / SYR

No, I think it's genius that has the limits.

doc_zpsd37f3bc3.jpg

Last edited:
17-20 with 355's and 39's! Ummm...........I wouldn't take too much stock in what the gentleman had to say. Then again maybe he's using a flux-capacitor in series with a naquadah reactor to supplement his 4.0L.

haha yea.....also explains why their buying parts from me left and right...like i said guys...easy mula....i like the posts some funny stuff

Most interesting thing I have seen was a 4.0L MJ on 35s. D35 rear, stock D30 front, deeper gears, and lunchbox lockers, but no trussing or aftermarket axles.

He spent all his money on the suspension. Long arm 4 link in back and front.
I looked at it and figured he would be broke before the day was done.

Nope, I was mistaken.

Went all over some real nasty stuff and didn't even flinch. The thing was, even though the obstacle was tough, he didn't beat on it to get where he was going. One of the guys I was with tried to follow him and almost rolled his XJ trying the same obstacle with a very nicely built XJ with 35's and a more conventional suspension.

i have a buddy with a super35 kit in his locked 35 and he's been beating the piss out of it for years with his stroker for years and it's never given him any problems.

Back