• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed rebuilt engine, now it wont run

injector seated good, I made sure my distributor seated down and then install the bolt through the flange. The wire all look good, no gouges or anything.

are you sure that the 1 cylinder was at TDC on compression and rotor pointed to the 5 oclock position

good point, check that the tps is adjusted proprly and that the MAP vacuum line is connected correctly on the MAP sensor and at the throttle body.

in the dark, i accidently connected the MAP vacuum line to the bolt under the MAP and not to the vacuum port under the MAP.

the same conditions happened to me on a motor swap once when the injectors were hooked up wrong. the vehicle wasn't a jeep, but it might be something you could double check pretty easily.

Wow you have me stumped now my friend. Falls on its face under throttle, may possibly be a vacumn leak of sorts on the intake side.. The manifold all bolted down correctly? EGR hooked up? It really sounds like a vacumn issue now.. Man I wish I was closer, I would drive up and give you a hand, so hard to diagnose over the computer..

Checked compression and they are as follows:

1 - 150
2 - 120
3 - 60 (Dry) 70 (Wet)
4 - 120
5 - 120
6 - 120

Looks like a valve is fooked, so much for buying a drop in rebuilt... FML

What should compression be at? 150?

Back