• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Swap Writeup for the 4.0L

yep, always heard that can make a rubber break so I dont use it on anything made of rubber!

The injectors I pulled from my 2000 have 4 holes already. I ended up using the ones from my 2001 and not sure if they are 4 hole or single but only have 100,338K miles

Thank you for today's sex education lesson. LOL. Yes, motor oil is best.

you should be able to see them - it shows up fine on my computer and my phone

OK, I'm getting information overload! I'm looking for a little bit of guidence. I want to upgrade my injectors but I know NOTHING about flow rates or any of the other numbers some of the guys on the forum are throwing around. I'm planning on doing the usual mods, coil, wires, distributer, larger throttle body, maybe a spacer, cowl cold air induction. I just need some guidence on EXACTLY which injectors I need???? In addition, do I NEED to upgrade the fuel pump? Would upgrading the fuel pump do ANYTHING to improve performance or is the stock unit sufficient????

Unless you have a stroker, 19lb ford or chryco 703/784 (depending on exact model year you have) are what you want.

precision auto injectors, ebay, craigslist, etc.

If you have the later model with the newer conenctor, you can still run the older injectors with an adapter.

Unless you have a stroker, 19lb ford or chryco 703/784 (depending on exact model year you have) are what you want.
The 784s are not 19# on the 49 PSI rail. They are more like 24. The Ford/Bosch XF2E-C4B is a better fit on the 49 psi rail.

What are the 784s rated at?

The 784s are not 19# on the 49 PSI rail. They are more like 24. The Ford/Bosch XF2E-C4B is a better fit on the 49 psi rail.

Talyn,

I thought you once said in the past that the neon 703 like the OP used are not a good replacement for a stock 4.0 motor? I thought you said the 703s are too big?

They do not have 4 holes, only one.

Hey, asked over on the "aftermarket injectors" thread in Mod Tech, but that seems kinda dead.

I tried the 703s in my stock '92 engine and suffered starting issues and severe overfueling (ask anyone at this year's NACFest). The eBay vendor I bought them from took them back and sent me a set of Bosch 746s that from what I can tell are rated 19lbs/hr at 43psi and do have the 4-hole upgrade.

I want to track down specs for the OEM Siemens units I have back in now so I can do an "apples to apples" comparison to see how these compare in terms of flow. Does someone have a good link for Siemens injector specs that I can use once I get the part number off one of my factory injectors?

The reason for your running/starting issues was likely that one (or more) of the injectors were stuck open.

746s won't work though - the flow rate is too low for even a stock 4.0L.

Your Stock injectors: #33007127, flow 23.6Lb/hr@43psi (248cc@3bar)
Bosch 703's: #0280155703, flow 22.6Lb/hr@43psi (238cc@3bar)
Bosch 746's: #0280155746, flow 19.8Lb/hr@43psi (208cc@3bar)

Wonderful - I'll confirm that my stock injectors match that part number tonight and then I guess I'll have to contact the sender again. Good thing I haven't tried installing the 746s yet.

Yep, it's got the 33007127 as you stated. I have an email into the vendor.

Really appreciate the info.

no problem lemme know if you need anything else.

Back