• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Swap Writeup for the 4.0L

I decided to try this on my 89 Cherokee, not realizing that it was different (being a Renix). It idles pretty low now and the RPMs slowly drop until it sputters out when idling. It's also putting out a lot of slightly blue smoke with the exhaust. My more knowledgeable friend said it's running too much fuel and drowning.

Will my Renix eventually be able to compensate and have appropriate flow? My reading suggests not since it doesn't store data to "learn" from like the newer computers. If not, is there a way to compensate a different way? Maybe upgrading the computer or altering the parameters for the Renix? Or am I just stuck with the stock style injectors?

I put in rebuilt Bosch 0280155703's.

I decided to try this on my 89 Cherokee, not realizing that it was different (being a Renix). It idles pretty low now and the RPMs slowly drop until it sputters out when idling. It's also putting out a lot of slightly blue smoke with the exhaust. My more knowledgeable friend said it's running too much fuel and drowning.

Will my Renix eventually be able to compensate and have appropriate flow? My reading suggests not since it doesn't store data to "learn" from like the newer computers. If not, is there a way to compensate a different way? Maybe upgrading the computer or altering the parameters for the Renix? Or am I just stuck with the stock style injectors?

I put in rebuilt Bosch 0280155703's.

It won't adapt.

Use 746 Volvo injectors. Sounds like the present injectors may be washing the oil off the cylinders and burning it. Hence the blue smoke.

Back