• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In that case, my name will be Rusty Shakleford

man, I looked at an 86 in the yard last I was there, it's massively different to accommodate the 4.0 in 87.

I'd rock the 2.5 forever.

yeah i noticed the radiator support was very different. It`ll run great right up til the day it doesnt. lol

radiator support, hood, cable, all that crap is way different. there's a notch in the firewall to clear the back of the head too.

someone at AMC was like
"That needs a 4.0"
some other guy said
"it won't fit"
and the first guy said
"challenge accepted"

what id really like to do is swap a 225 slant six in.

after the apocalypse and the second coming of christ after all humanity has been obliterated....

the 225 slant six will still be here, and itll still be hummin along

radiator support, hood, cable, all that crap is way different. there's a notch in the firewall to clear the back of the head too.

someone at AMC was like
"That needs a 4.0"
some other guy said
"it won't fit"
and the first guy said
"challenge accepted"
You can swap the hood, support, and latch easily. Heck, even the motor mounts swap over. I did it going from a 2.5L to a Stroker. The firewall only requires a BFH and about 30 seconds.

have been making ZERO progress on the truck. been working on it here and there trying to get it to stay running. replaced a bunch of crap and got it to where itll try to stay running while working the throttle like a kickdrum.

someday, it might run and drive enough to be a trail rig.

after i get the running issues sorted out and the clutch bled ill need to bug-bomb it.

its got a bad case of the creepy crawlies

Well, I really done myself in good this time. I got engaged and bought a house within 30 mins of each other. And no, shes not pregnant (that i know of)

so further progress on the comanche will be postponed. All my efforts now are going towards my house, wedding, and getting the 440 swapped into my 72 duster.

the comanche will live again, stay tuned.

thanks

disco "dont hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself" steve

I'll take her to wf someday. As long as Brendan isn't there.

I wish there was a "like" button.

no further plans for the heep as wedding plans have taken over my life. On top of buying a house and moonlighting fiving cars i gots no time for the jeep. but i wont sell it. after the duster is running and im moved into my new home Ill start work on it again. been thinkin that the best course of action will be to ditch the 4cyl, weak axles, trans, tcase everything. and just get a donor wrecked 90s something xj and swap everything over.

Id really like to have a 4.0 in it. or maybe Ill swao a slant 6 in. always wanted to do that and it would be bulletproofer-ish.

or... plan c would be to swap the entire drivetrain from my 87 ram. 318, 727, d44 and 9.35 rear. either way itll be alot of work. the current motor is giving me fits. pours oil out. the 4x4 doesnt work, the rear is shot, the clutch doesnt work, the radiator is leaking, and the gearbox is leaking bad, and the p.s ppump shoots fluid out the cap. needles to say its a tid bit rougher than most vehicles ive pieced together

disco "too much on my plate" steve

Back