• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In-depth NSS Issues NEED HELP

What's a fair price for a transmission to be dropped for the nss to be completely fixed cause of that bolt? I'd do it myself (still a possibility) but it's tough with time lately.

Are any of these cables supposed to be grounded to the vehicle at all? I dont want to ground the wrong one (like the blue power one) and then fry something.

Listen, if you can't read and understand the schematic I posted, you shouldn't be messing with this stuff....you are going to fry something, or even worse, get hurt. I am not trying to be a smart mouth here...just trying to give you some good advice. Good luck with whatever you decide. Be careful!

McQue said:
Listen, if you can't read and understand the schematic I posted, you shouldn't be messing with this stuff....you are going to fry something, or even worse, get hurt. I am not trying to be a smart mouth here...just trying to give you some good advice. Good luck with whatever you decide. Be careful!
Look, I understand 90% of it. Its just things like what the S is S159 mean switch?, splice? I just dont see anything on there going to reverse lights turning on that's all. And i dont see a blue wire on there anywhere. Its blue with a black stripe in it. All im seeing from the Transmission Range Sensor (aka NSS) when in reverse is BR/LG (brown lightgreen?) I dont have any brown or light green thats all so calm down.

On top of all of this, are these even right from the FSM. I know its for a 99 and mines a 98, but the connector they show on there is different. Maybe different colors?

MASTERNSS.jpg

Problem I have now is it wont show reverse lights from the ECU side. I used to be able to stick a paperclip into the AE position and they'd light up. Bulbs look fine too.

Say if i was to remove my air conditioning drier bottle and leaving the AC low pressure switch not connected to anything. Could that be a possbility?

As a little bit of an update....I did a test and got it to work in drive, no dtc or anything wrong. My cruise finally works!!! However, I gotta run the wires around and connect them to a momentary switch+mount I "designed". I've got one for park and drive, and gotta think of something for reverse.

Only problem with reverse is...I'm shorting out the two connectors that would turn on the reverse lights, but they aren't coming on??? I've done this test in the past and then reverse lights would come on. Any ideas??

It seems Im just talking to myself here, anybody have any ideas on the reverse lights issue?? Is there a fuse or a relay that could be burnt out? When I jump the two wires on the NSS it doesnt show reverse lights, I replaced the bulbs too. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:wantyou:

Although I prolly wont get any response, I figured to update this for any other poor fool in the future who really messes up their nss (bolts/mounting/etc.) I'll snap some pics or something but it works....starts in park, reverse lights when in reverse, and has O/D and cruise control when in drive. Sweet.

Pelican said:
What did you do to get the back-up lights to work?
Ive got the whole setup using momentary switches, it doesnt take as long as you think once you get the right idea with it. The reverse has to be mounted perpendicular to the axis of the shifter so it was a little more of a pita than drive and park due to the "pressure angle" or "transmission angle" however you want to term it.

Back