• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Transmission issues

Jeep70

NAXJA Forum User
I rebuilt my AW4 transmission, valve body and installed new TC, but now reverse works great when cold and forward works when warm. Same results with and without TCU plugged in. Fluid pressure is 50psi at idle 75-100 at throttle up. Any ideas of what to check to find the problems?

If you truly rebuilt the trans and went thru the valve body then the possibilities are endless!

If you truly rebuilt the trans and went thru the valve body then the possibilities are endless!
I truly did. It was like a puzzle. But now I need another starting point for diagnostic. Or should I drop it again and check all the insides one more time? Which I am trying to avoid.

Well some of the check balls only differ in size by .001's and the gaskets are extremely close so you have to use extreme caution matching those up.

Back