• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

bout 1/4 to 12 last night, me and the ole lady are closing up the house to go to bed. she says, i think the washer is leaking. i looked, saw a small puddle thinking one of the kids just spilled something grabbed a towel. when i went to wipe it up i heard the sound of a cracked water pipe spraying water.

well suma bitsh. pulled the heavy bastards out(stacked washer and dryer) only to find that this pipe must have been leaking for a while. i have those floating laminate wood floors, the water has leaked out and under them. i didnt pull them all out yet but i am thinking the damage to the floors runs most of the hall way and some of the living room. only reason i say that is some of the boards have started to look like they are bubbling up. i thought they were just cheep pos floors. now i am thinking there is water hiding under there...

bout 1/4 to 12 last night, me and the ole lady are closing up the house to go to bed. she says, i think the washer is leaking. i looked, saw a small puddle thinking one of the kids just spilled something grabbed a towel. when i went to wipe it up i heard the sound of a cracked water pipe spraying water.

well suma bitsh. pulled the heavy bastards out(stacked washer and dryer) only to find that this pipe must have been leaking for a while. i have those floating laminate wood floors, the water has leaked out and under them. i didnt pull them all out yet but i am thinking the damage to the floors runs most of the hall way and some of the living room. only reason i say that is some of the boards have started to look like they are bubbling up. i thought they were just cheep pos floors. now i am thinking there is water hiding under there...

Might want to call insurance co.

Might want to call insurance co.

X2, worth considering. I wasn't going to until I saw the water in adjacent rooms. Granted I had a huge volume of water leaking and it got into the HVAC ducts and collapsed them, which was $3-4k alone to get replaced. All in all the claim was close to $13k but probably 2/3rd of my flooring was replaced (their idea, not mine).

All I can say is pull up anything you might think is wet. You could also call a restoration company and have them do tear out and dry out, it will probably be at least a grand though. Maybe less if you tell them it's NOT an insurance claim. I've found that the subfloors are usually weather rated and are a lot more resistant to water than I would have guessed, so just getting them exposed and running some fans can dry them out pretty quick. You will probably want to pull out the baseboard in that area. If the drywall is soggy get it tore out now, it's too cheap and easy to replace to risk leaving it there. You probably will only have to go up a couple feet.

Tell Sam to get his bathroom project done so he can come help you :D

Tell Sam to get his bathroom project done so he can come help you :D

:D

Not finishing my bathroom has been great for keeping me in the gym. there has been plenty of days that i would normally say screw it and not go, but i need a shower so i force myself up and get to the gym.

I got my broken brake line off, am heading in for fittings and a new flare tool then I get to bleed the brakes. Its crazy how motivated you get when its 7° before the windchill.

96'NEEDS a garage'2door

anyone looking for a weeks worth of a working vacation to good ol' north missouri? I will put you up in the cabin, supply all meals and pay $450 cash for 5 days of saw work. That consists of clearing out fence rows and cutting hedge posts. It is not fun work, but it is cash. It can be paid in $1 bills or however you would like.....

Cheese "cant get any good local help now a days" Man

anyone looking for a weeks worth of a working vacation to good ol' north missouri? I will put you up in the cabin, supply all meals and pay $450 cash for 5 days of saw work. That consists of clearing out fence rows and cutting hedge posts. It is not fun work, but it is cash. It can be paid in $1 bills or however you would like.....

If I could get a whole week off, I'd do it for all the Buds you supply.

35's are getting mounted & balanced as I type. gonna be a sweet Jeep. prolly post pic's on Facebook, It's so much easier.

Very tempting just for the pbr and nacho cheez.

Re: Re: Important

I would be interested if it didn't cost me that much to get to you from Sheffield...
And I wouldn't be able to till like June. Lol

35's are getting mounted & balanced as I type. gonna be a sweet Jeep. prolly post pic's on Facebook, It's so much easier.
On the "****ing banana yellow" Wrangler?

it amazes me that with all the out of work people locally and they continually post up looking for work, but they never show up. I had one guy interested and then he said he had to have a minimum of $700 for that kind of work and he wanted to drive one of my farm vehicles home each night......lets see, $700 cash per week w/ a company car, who the **** would not want that!!! I loose a lot of people with the whole "must be a self starter" description.....and if they are 15 minutes late without calling me I typically fire them too....

Cheese "hard ass" Man

Cheesedude. ..when does this need to happen ? We will be in Bloomfield Iowa for a week in a cabin in July. As long as I can get back to fish at night I might be down

I need it done before the begining of the year. The county is on my back to have a fence cleared out on a piece that I lease b/c it is over grown and encroaching on this old nearly abondened road. It was not a problem for years, but they have recently installed new road tubes down the deadend lane and it is just something that they said has to be done within a certain time period or they will have it done and send the bill to the landowner or lessee. My landlord on that piece of land is 91 years old and does not need bothered by it, so I told the township that I would take care of it. That, and I have a fantastice rate on the lease, so it is the least i could do.

Dan, if you pulled the Garth move, just dont leave me with a fat Trisha :D

Cheese "firends in low places...just the way I like it!" Man

Sounds like a great deal for some young guy/gal that's got a lot of energy...looking for a nice week away and make some $$

Or me...10 to 15 years ago...

mac 'I'm not even sure what clearing out fence rows and cutting hedge posts involves' gyvr

It is not horrible work, but it is just a pain in the ass at times. It involves clearing out brush that has grown up in a fence row or along the right of way along a county road. Cutting hedge is work, but some people enjoy it. The damn stickers will get ya though if your not careful. It is the removal of the little branches and limbs that get in the way and take time, cutting the 10' posts is actually the easy part. I got a lot more done in my younger years as per manual labor, now I work smarter, not harder :D

Cheese "writes the checks" Man

It is not horrible work, but it is just a pain in the ass at times. It involves clearing out brush that has grown up in a fence row or along the right of way along a county road. Cutting hedge is work, but some people enjoy it. The damn stickers will get ya though if your not careful. It is the removal of the little branches and limbs that get in the way and take time, cutting the 10' posts is actually the easy part. I got a lot more done in my younger years as per manual labor, now I work smarter, not harder :D

Cheese "writes the checks" Man

That's why I thought a great deal for a young motivated guy...

mac 'also works smarter, not harder' gyvr

that I did sir...and I happen to know a place that accepts cash..$1 at a time

Cheese "and we can see Collin up there too, but not dancing...I dont think" Man

Back