• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So looks like we'll be meeting a couple more NAXJA members this weekend! Heading to Hammond IN Saturday to meet up with REWSTER and SAMSET to pick up my tires!! :D

Back on Jan. 31st and March 23rd I want to a concert that had 10 artists (Winterjam). One of the artists was New Song. They did some new songs and I didn't get into them. Lately I been listening to youtube clips from them from the tour and I am loving the songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDs14faBRo

This is from the concert, I love the mirror ball when they put about 15 lights on it.

The funny thing about calc is you use almost none of it as an engineer.

Been out for 4 years and I completely agree with Brian's statement. Sorry Calc/Differential Equations was not my strong area when in school.

I used 1st derivatives 5 years after calc in college to write a couple of AutoLISP scripts to design reflectors & refractors. Last time I asked, they were still in use. Haven't used calculus since.

I'm a wiz with Geometry. It's tangible to me. Any further advanced than that, you can count me out.

I use critical thinking, algebra, and trig way, way more than I use calculus.

Some stuff (analog circuits, especially RF systems) it becomes important. Digital electronics? Nah, I can do that math on my fingers if you cut both my hands off.

Went to Gander Mountain today to inquire about how much they would charge to put new line on my grandpa's old Zebco fishing pole. It was free, just had to buy the line. Got to get some swivels, hooks, and sinkers but I am going fishing more then likely Saturday with Sarah's dad (free fishing Saturday).

They were probably gobsmacked that anyone would bring in a reel to pit line on it :D I cut my teeth on zebco 202's and cheap Cardinal reels. Worse thing on them is big lake fishing and hooking 32lb Coho(s). Wears grooves in the barrel at the bale pin and they don't cast right. Nothing a fine file doesn't fix ;)

i had a fleet of shimano tiagras to maintain on our saltwater boat growing up. our medium and light duty stuff was way crappy and all used (old penn's etc) but dad knew to spend coin on the big tuna reels :D

short"lining reels myself since age 7"xjdoug

So looks like we'll be meeting a couple more NAXJA members this weekend! Heading to Hammond IN Saturday to meet up with REWSTER and SAMSET to pick up my tires!! :D

Ahh cool!

We didn't have a boat to fish out of. Every Easter we would spend the weekend fishing off the breakwater up in Algoma, Wi. Much more fun than catching Crappie.

WI is weird tonight. 3500 acre wild fire going on in far north wi, thunder storms down here throwing down some serious straight line winds.
"Micro Bursts"

Well it turns out there are forums for math. Uploaded some pics and got the feedback I needed. Hopefully I pass! If not I might have to show I can count to 21

Back