• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I hate flying...

However, I'm tired of driving to California...

mac '3 hours to Attica this week should seem like nothing' gyvr

After tonight, I work the next four nights...

And probably doubles on Monday and Tuesday...

mac 'will be ready for winterfest...and hopefully a little sleep' gyvr

So you are that guy that gets everyone on the plane sick every time I go somewhere.

unfortunately i didn't have a choice. if i missed the first day of work, i would have missed the whole trip. its $1800 pay check for 5 days of work, and i need to raise some money for the move. if there was another option i would have taken it, but it was too far to drive or take a train to get there in time. i showed up at the airport, was the only guy in security and i walked directly onto a boarding plane, where i put my head down and went to sleep. the only person i came into close contact with was the guy next to me...and he was annoying so if he gets it, its his fault for bothering the guy with his eyes closed and his head resting on the window

Man, I gotta get me a renix. This little XJ my roommate brought home runs like a top. Changed an alternator and a fuel line and it purrs. Doesn't have hardly any blow by. Now to figure out why the speedo, odo and fuel gauge don't work!

Here she is:
2013-02-21_17-26-55_770_zpsbe2719a7.jpg

people smarter than me...

anyone know any issues with the jeep 3.7? after we sell the subie, i am seriously looking for a new dd...im finding a bunch of kj's for sale for cheap. from what i understand the 3.7, though gutless, has been pretty solid with few issues....

is this an incorrect assumption?

Wife brought 2004 liberty into my life as my dd. xj up on stands for 3 years now... KJ 3.7 , auto with 115k on it now. , I put 60k+ on it and just put one ac idler, and soon to be 2nd water pump. We've driven it to Colorado and it runs well enough at altitude. I'd say its a decent non xj jeep.
Ok, I also put a fan controller resister in it also.

Wife brought 2004 liberty into my life as my dd. xj up on stands for 3 years now... KJ 3.7 , auto with 115k on it now. , I put 60k+ on it and just put one ac idler, and soon to be 2nd water pump. We've driven it to Colorado and it runs well enough at altitude. I'd say its a decent non xj jeep.
Ok, I also put a fan controller resister in it also.

thats what i've been finding consistently...some little issues, but all should be easy to handle for a weekend wrencher like me. i've seen a bunch of them for sale at very reasonable prices. mostly, i want something that will be able to make trips back to iowa and to my wife's parents...something that would be able to tow my boat around and hold a little hunting gear. seems as though the libby would do just fine. we just want something with no payment mostly...

Drive one first. I think they are one of the most uncomfortable turds on the road.

hmm...interesting...

because of the seats, or lack of room? one problem can be fixed, the other cant. im a big guy, so space is definitely a concern...our subaru is about the worst car i've ever driven for long trip comfort. its a great car other than that.

Everyone I ever drove (I drove a lot hauling cars for a living) felt really choppy and the seats are rock hard.

It obviously doesn't bother everyone. Go drive one it might not bug you at all.

people smarter than me...

anyone know any issues with the jeep 3.7? after we sell the subie, i am seriously looking for a new dd...im finding a bunch of kj's for sale for cheap. from what i understand the 3.7, though gutless, has been pretty solid with few issues....

is this an incorrect assumption?

The 3.7 and 4.7 chrylser engines sludge kind of bad. Make sure you look it over well. We get them in all the time that havent been taken care of. They collapse lifters and spit the rockers out from under the cams.
Just got done doing one on a dakota that was sludged the worst I had ever seen.
We have done a few head gasket jobs on them as well.

Just look them over well.

We now have 2 kids, 4 mos and 28 mos and plan to replace KJ for more some family battle cruiser with more space. It is a bit tight but the ride never bothered me that much. I was happy to be able to talk on my cell phone, my xj had floppy rusted door bottoms and the road noise was numbing. Hers is a limited and it has the oil change reminder which sure keeps me honest, I'd look for one with that feature, it might improve your chances of getting a non sludged one. The seat heaters still work great also! I've towed large uhaul heavy trailer that was loaded close to limit a few times and it didn't seem to mind that much. Gas mileage isn't fantastic but not horrible.

my xj is back!

the 4.10's are shawheeeet, rear locker is awesome and thanks to the rear disc set up it stops nicely after doing stupid road test's

all last week i was driving my mothers grand Cherokee. 05 limited with the 5.7. that thing is pretty sweet also, but a little to cush for me. glad to have mine back with all its random noises and quirks.

getting my schooling on today.
in English, 3 thesis statements on 3 different topics, an outline on a chapter in my book, and an outline on 2 websites, also compare differences and similarities in the 2 websites, then write a 3 page paper for Wednesday.

digital fundamentals, 10 homework questions, finish a circuit at school, and study for a 125 question midterm and prepare for a large circuit lab.

after this week i will be spent and looking forward to erasing all that studying at WF campfires.

I like ZJs with all the bells and whistles.

In two years when my truck is paid for I think we will be looking at Four door JKs for her.

mac 'she loves the 5.9' gyvr

Back