• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Believe so. I don't know much about early diesels

I sent a txt, no response.

$800, drive it home. It's a 91

Fore 'cool wheel covers' Wheeler

I think they updated the 6.9 in 87, I am pretty sure it would be a IDI. It shares a lot of the same parts as the later 7.3 idi. The later 7.3 idi is basically a bored out 6.9

SLOW=engine swap? I assume the body would become a camper and tow a trailer?

The 6.9 is an idi, underpowered and slow but pretty much indestructible.
Ned to make sure you run good coolant just like any diesel, cavitation will weaken the cylinder walls.
Could throw a turbo on it.
Will burn pretty much anything too.

The 6.9 is an idi, underpowered and slow but pretty much indestructible.
Ned to make sure you run good coolant just like any diesel, cavitation will weaken the cylinder walls.
Could throw a turbo on it.
Will burn pretty much anything too.

indestructible is more important to me these days

Drive thru St. Louis today..

Home

mac '4600 miles since jan 31st with 7 days on the lake bed...exhausted' gyvr

Anyone interested in a 93 Chevy 1500 4X4 crew cab, it may or not need a tranny.

Drove the Jeep to work for the first time with the new tires, still didn't down shift going up the overpass! :thumbup: I woulda drove the Neon but my brother parked behind it and I didn't feel like getting punched for waking precious up! :D

For those of you who don't pay much attention to the ROTM thread

Dang that went quick!

i will get the poll up soon.

special announcement...

BRING YOUR CAMERAS TO WINTERFEST, NEXT MONTH IM GONNA DO A "THIS YEARS WINTERFEST" THEME. SO THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T USUALLY TAKE PICS BUT WANT TO GET IN ON THE ROTM HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!

Well I think it looks good so far... Can't wait to see whats under the front seats...
603958_10151324989959811_1002549518_n.jpg

Also, I got the seat belt buckle bolts up about 1/3-1/2 way and they froze, I've broken two bits trying to get them out. Should I just use a cut-off wheel and then grind the studs down?

I had to get under mine, wire brush the exposed threads, hose them down with PBB, and run them partially in and out a few times. Between the rust and threadlocker, they weren't coming out with the tools I had.

I had same problem with stripped torx seat belt bolt. Half out, I ground with cut off wheel some flats to fit a socket on it. Then pb blaster, wire wheeled threads underneath as mean mentioned above.

back home in iowa...at least for now.

battery hasn't been charging right on the jeep...or draining slow. haven't quite spent the time to figure it out yet. she was a cranky beast after not being started for 2 weeks. i jumped it with the subie and after about 20 minutes of charging i held the pedal down and chugged her over. started with a nice puff of smoke! of course the idle memory reset at some point so i had to hold the pedal down for a few minutes to keep her going. i also found out what is leaking...not the tranny lines like i originally thought. the power steering pump was whining at me so i looked underneath to find a nice puddle of power steering fluid. opened the reservoir and its damn near empty. good times...i think its just my jeeps way of telling me she missed me.

i also think i need a new ignition coil :( intermittent cel for various things and a rough idle. stock coil is 15 years old and has 275k on it...probably time for a new one.

Back