• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

My driving has become more damaging to parts in the years since we've started racing...

Dan, you should've kept that eaton you sold me...1.5 inch coarse splined 40 year old shafts...

mac 'lead footed hillbilly' gyvr

I thought you bought that thing new?

I think he meant something like 23 years...

mac 'I've been driving my jeep 12 years' gyvr

damn...ive only been driving for 15 years and my jeep for 8 years. does than mean in 4-5 more years my jeep will be caged and on 37's??? :)

Well... I'm 24, have been driving my jeep for 3 years and talk at the shop tonight was trussed dana 44 up front with longarms, arb lockers front&rear, 33s and warn winch....

I'm on par for a trailer queen... At least in the Eau Claire Area Offroaders....

I need to get on that daily driver issue....

For me to go to a big rear axle means new wheels/beadlocks too, and then a new front to match. I've got way too much money into my front to go back now. This 9" really has done me well, and the 44 has too, and now that I spent another grand on new shafts, joints and hydro I really can't start over. To fix my current rear axle will cost less than one beadlock.

I've been driving for almost 30 years. Wheeling for 11.

I'm pretty sure you could go to a semifloat 60 no problem, I know a guy running either 5 or 6 lugs on one. IIRC came out of an old International of some sort.

Now, a 14 bolt is entirely different... wonder if you could find a way to make a 5 lug 14bolt? It'd have to be a pretty big bolt circle I guess, I doubt you could go any smaller than 6", maybe 5.5.

I'd probably just go with bigger shafts and fix it, though... and it sounds like you're leaning towards that anyways.

Well... I'm 24, have been driving my jeep for 3 years and talk at the shop tonight was trussed dana 44 up front with longarms, arb lockers front&rear, 33s and warn winch....

I'm on par for a trailer queen... At least in the Eau Claire Area Offroaders....

Pfffft. I'd DD that no problem. My 01 was similarly built and I DDed it for quite a while.

I'm 23. Mines a Dana 30 with Superior Alloys, 4:88's, a Lockright (may less streetable than a ARB), Teraflex knuckle with custom heim joint D.O.M. steering, RK 3 link and 8.8 rear, with 4:88's and a LSD with disc's, on 35" BFG Krawler Radials.

And i DD that, the front end rides better than my gf's 00 with 3" on short arms (the rear would to if i had shocks in the rear), stops better too.

It's alot louder, mostly because it's still on a stock rear DS!!! :shhh:

I see no issue with DD'ing that. If your second vehicle is not going to be a tow rig, then take the 2+ grand you'd spend on a decent car and dump that into making the jeep more reliable to and from the trail. And avoid the peer pressure that certain bald folks in our club may put on you!! ;)

k "been DD'ing built XJ's since high school" man

dont listen to those non-trailer queens...they are just mad that they have not earned their queen and crown status like those of us with the trail trash rigs :D My rig was actually streetable and legal until about a year or so ago....it all started when I changed my steering over and it just never seemed to drive right after that...probably b/c I custom designed it myself :gee:

Cheese "been part of the offroad community since I was 3 racing motorcross" Man

Lessee.....d/l for 32 years, actually driving non-licensed equipment for a few years before that. I bought my 94 XJ used in 1997 with 43,000 miles on it, it's got something like 230k on it now.

And avoid the peer pressure that certain bald folks in our club may put on you!! ;)

k "been DD'ing built XJ's since high school" man

WUT! :eyes:

My first axle swap was in 1980. I had a '61 ford f150 that I couldn't keep the 9" from breaking all the time and I had a buddy that worked in a JY and he came upon a 44/60 from a 2 yr old f250 that rolled. Got both axles and the leaf springs for all four corners for $200.

Back