• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Congrats Matt :party:

Any plans tomorrow (Saturday) ?? I'm waiting on the brown truck to drop off 1000 rounds of 223 ammo any minute now.. I'm thinking about going to the range tomorrow, if your interested....

Nick

Maybe, I was just at the range today trying out my newest gun but you can never shoot enough. Probably early afternoon, around 1:00?

Congrats Matt :party:

Any plans tomorrow (Saturday) ?? I'm waiting on the brown truck to drop off 1000 rounds of 223 ammo any minute now.. I'm thinking about going to the range tomorrow, if your interested....

Nick

I am going to "unload" a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 myself tomorrow you guys have fun.

After the beater gets picked up tomorrow i'm getting the baby M4 out of layaway and giving it a break in session and probably shooting the XD too.

I am going to "unload" a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 myself tomorrow you guys have fun.

Thanks,You do the same,should be a great day to unload a few hundred rounds...

Heck ,I may do a vid of the firepower,carnage,and all around mayheim...:D

Nick

Nick

I got a few videos from a local gun shoot. It was fun having 20+ guys with about 50 guns there.

It was fun having 20+ guys .

:eek:
I'll let Tyler take this one........

I think the MWC should draw up a "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy.

:eek:
I'll let Tyler take this one........

I think the MWC should draw up a "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy.

Haha, nice. Can't slip one past you guys!

Wifey made Logan a new tshirt. I want one for myself!

IMG_0297.jpg

Bye-bye beater! Hello, new plinking gun! :D

S7300929.jpg

Lucy Approves!
S7300928.jpg

Nick

It was waaay to windy I could only hold a 2" group at 100 yards with the ar.......

It was waaay to windy I could only hold a 2" group at 100 yards with the ar.......

same here, the guy who bought my beater showed up later in the day since his sick kid started feeling better. I didn't get to go shoot but got the gun and some CCI minimags.....oh and a hand grenade for my 4wd shifter handle! :D

Wind doesn't have anything to do with the size of your group, only the placement of your group on the target.

Unless you're playing with your sights trying to put the rounds centermass.

2" groups isn't a bad day for most people.

Last edited:
Wind doesn't have anything to do with the size of your group, only the placement of your group on the target.

Unless you're playing with your sights trying to put the rounds centermass.
:confused:
What if it's not a constant wind? Gusts?

:confused:
What if it's not a constant wind? Gusts?

in my experience, unless you pull the trigger exactly the same time a gust happens and it was a significant velocity change, a windy day is pretty consistent.

You might see winds like 10-15 mph, but at 100 yards, the bullet isn't in the air long enough to notice a small wind change like that.

Now at 500 yards, wind plays a serious role. But even then, I'm usually dialed in by the second or third shot. We shoot 10 rounds at the 500 on an 18" wide target.

Unless brian is shooting really slow groups, which wouldn't make a lot of sense if he's shooting a semiauto AR, i don't think wind is going to affect his groups as much as his shooting technique.

red 'used to be a marksmanship instructor' heep

Last edited:
Back