• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Hey I have a np231 sitting at home... I won't know the condition of it till I get home this weekend (seeing as I havn't been home....) I will keep you posted...

Ex

Please keep me posted. Thanks

I am jealous... I have been searching high and low for a 5.2 but haven't found the right one yet. There's one on pirate for $1100 without window glass, but winter is coming and this thing will see some street use. I did find a 94 with 180k, needs a trans though and it has the NP249. At least I'd be changing both at once. I think I can get it for $800, sound like a good deal or should I hold out?

Asking ZJ questions on NAXJA = awkward, but I don't want to go to NAGCA and be the new guy all over again with a bunch of random dudes.

I'd say in this thread just about anything goes...KBB shows that mine is worth over 2k...even with 200k+ plus miles...I'm not sure I agree with that, but hey good for me, cause I sure didn't pay that for it. Dad's been driving it for 6 years and only put 28k, its prior life was a Security Vehicle for Dana where he works...so its had routine maintenance...well except my father isn't the best at routine maintenance...and the axles I believe are from a 98 ZJ. This thing is also really, really clean on the bottom side with very little rust at all.

Not really sure if that ZJ is worth 800...depends on what a trans and tcase will cost you. If I had that 249 out, I sure wouldn't put it back in, I'd certainly replace it. Check the underside for rust! I'd pay more for a good solid clean underbody and having to do some wrenchin than to do body work...

mac 'not buying another cherokee with rusty floors' gyvr

I have a 2-step in house program to assist with any such addiction :D

At this time we really do not need to do that. Of course....if you really want to help, join up.

Rev

i know. i promise you all i will. i am just flat broke right now. people owe me a lot of money and my rent and school are biting me in the butt. my goal is to before x-mas. but Rev, I give you my word I will.

We brought our new family member home last night. I have a good feeling this little girl is going to be the best dog I have ever had. First thing she did last night when we walked in the door was hopped up on the couch and took a nap. My kinda dog right there. In less than 24hrs the dog and my 16mth old are inseperable. I did get worried when my phone rang and when I came back from answering it Rylee was doing the nestea plunge onto the dog. The dog didn't bat an eye. In fact she looked over and licked Rylee.

We have a lot to work on since she's been an outdoor only dog for the last 4 months. She has already made good strides since this morning. Almost has a handle on the visual and verbal sit command. She pulls a little hard on the leash but we'll get to that. I want to get her adjusted to city life a little more till we start going on walks with the baby.

mastiff3.jpg

and if she wanted to stretch out she would take up the whole loveseat.

Parakeet

The lates news from Lake Mononagone is that today the President visited a local school on the South side of Madison, where he gave a speach on education.

I passed the school on the way to a job today and am still wondering what all the picket looking signs and the brown municipal garbage trucks parked on the sidewalk (about 6 of them) were about.

Ron

After searching the news threads last night, I got my answer on the garbage trucks and the signs.

The garbage trucks were actually intended as a protective shield, and the signs were indeed protesters (against sending more troops to Afganistan).

Ron

We brought our new family member home last night. I have a good feeling this little girl is going to be the best dog I have ever had. First thing she did last night when we walked in the door was hopped up on the couch and took a nap. My kinda dog right there. In less than 24hrs the dog and my 16mth old are inseperable. I did get worried when my phone rang and when I came back from answering it Rylee was doing the nestea plunge onto the dog. The dog didn't bat an eye. In fact she looked over and licked Rylee.

We have a lot to work on since she's been an outdoor only dog for the last 4 months. She has already made good strides since this morning. Almost has a handle on the visual and verbal sit command. She pulls a little hard on the leash but we'll get to that. I want to get her adjusted to city life a little more till we start going on walks with the baby.

mastiff3.jpg

and if she wanted to stretch out she would take up the whole loveseat.

Parakeet

Bulk up there Nancy...that is b/c that dog out weighs ya!! :D

Yeah she has about 20lbs on me but if they are trained properly then my 30lb daughter could walk her. Ginger picks up things quick. Today we are going to start working on stay. Once she gets adjusted to her new home we'll be doing the leash training. She's going to be my wheeling buddy, she loves car rides.

Tyler I have been within +/- 10lbs since I graduated 12yrs ago. I lived with my grandma for 7 years after hs and I got an awesome homecooked meal about every night... still no weight gain. I don't think I would get any bigger on the barry bonds/roger clemens workout needle..err plan.

And on a side note may the fleas of a thousand dead camels find their way to the yankees junk.

Parakeet

Good looking dog, man. I doubt I could afford to feed that critter, though.

On a different note... I really like living back out in the sticks. Had an alignment done on the CTD this morning, and for all practical purposes, there's no customer waiting area. Stood down in the pit, chatting with the owner while he worked on it, and it didn't cost an arm, a leg and other vital portions of my anatomy. And, to top it off, on the way home, I stopped at the butcher shop a couple of blocks from the alignment shop. Wow. Walked in the door, the cooler is immediately on my left, and the cutting floor is no more than 15' away, with 4 butchers disassembling large chunks of tasty dead critter. It's the sort of place that the USDA inspector has known every one of those guys forever, and wouldn't dare write up a citation (and wouldn't think of it either.)

I think you're confusing living in the sticks with not living in Chicago. :p If you were living in the sticks, you'd be navigating by towns, not blocks.

I think you're confusing living in the sticks with not living in Chicago. :p If you were living in the sticks, you'd be navigating by towns, not blocks.
<chuckle> Ummm.... I do........ unless I'm in the Twin Cities, or down in Rochester. </chuckle> 10 days ago, I passed 3 combines going through the center of town.

<chuckle> Ummm.... I do........ unless I'm in the Twin Cities, or down in Rochester. </chuckle> 10 days ago, I passed 3 combines going through the center of town.

Hummm Reminds me of West Salem.... Or Menomonie for that matter... :farmer:

Ex

Must be a matter of perspective then Jeff. I grew up in the sticks in a town that had a population less than 100, no zipcode of it's own, the store was open 9 months of the year and only 1 bar. I do think CF has just about the right amount of civilization though.

Back