• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

92035d54aca6468d17aee4b6a29156a7.jpg

I drank the kool aid. It was a repo that I got at half price. My home box is my old work box.

comanche junk

yeah, the board is the key part. Anyone doing anything will recover it anyway.
as long as it hasn't gotten wet or broken it's good.

My fuel bill driving the jeep to and from work, from the new house is a lot more than i figured it would be. not to mention the jeep pretty much maxes out at 75 so at some points im getting passed like im sitting still. so i think its off to find a DD car... what should i get, id like something quick,fun, and kinda cheap. i know good luck right, but what would you guys look for if you were looking in the 3-4k range.

not fun or exciting but 97-01 toyota camry.
should have never gotten rid of ours.
They are bombproof, have enough modernism to not be out of the stone age, and enough stone age to not be a PITA to work on.
no pre cats, non interference motor (you want the 4 banger) and an aisin auto.

just know that they are purely appliances. You will not be excited when you get in it, but it will not want maintenance and will work everytime you turn the key.

Got yet another notice....this time they had the thing in there saying that FCA would boost my trade in by 1k past what ever I got from the dealer.

is that for a ram truck? our notice says we will be reimbursed $100 for the inspection and removal of our aftermarket hitch in the form of a visa gift card, then we will get a brand new OEM hitch installed (and i would think a bumper since the oem style needs the cutout bumper)

im curious what they will do about my gas tank skid. my factory skid is dented to heck and it makes the hitch install a PITA...maybe they will replace that too to make it easier on them :)

is that for a ram truck? our notice says we will be reimbursed $100 for the inspection and removal of our aftermarket hitch in the form of a visa gift card, then we will get a brand new OEM hitch installed (and i would think a bumper since the oem style needs the cutout bumper)

im curious what they will do about my gas tank skid. my factory skid is dented to heck and it makes the hitch install a PITA...maybe they will replace that too to make it easier on them :)
No its for a rusted out claptrap ZJ that I sold to EmptyPockets like three years ago and he scrapped. My notice had those same options as yours but the trade-in one was last on the list.

I've looked over all the boxes intended for home (or non commercial use) in all the home improvement stores, farm stores, Sears, and not one of them seems any better built than the Harbor Freight boxes. Plus the fact I can buy two, or three HF boxes for the price of some of the other brands (You got to remember I got this thing for less than $300). Paying $30k for a Snap on is just dumb. You could hand build a better box for less. As far as most stuff from HF I agree it's a expect to use a few times before it breaks quality tool. Well that, and a trail tools that you wouldn't be pissed if it got lost.

They make a cut out for the WJ bumper for the hitch. Trim bumper, clip the trim piece in and hitch fits.

Have to see if my dad gets a recall notice.

Wish the EX would've had that recall :)

mac '5.9 has had a new hitch for a while now' gyvr

I've looked over all the boxes intended for home (or non commercial use) in all the home improvement stores, farm stores, Sears, and not one of them seems any better built than the Harbor Freight boxes. Plus the fact I can buy two, or three HF boxes for the price of some of the other brands (You got to remember I got this thing for less than $300). Paying $30k for a Snap on is just dumb. You could hand build a better box for less. As far as most stuff from HF I agree it's a expect to use a few times before it breaks quality tool. Well that, and a trail tools that you wouldn't be pissed if it got lost.

There is nothing the matter with a HF box or any other home use boxes. I have a craftsman triple stack that I have had for 15 years or more, a craftsman roller bottom box w/ a work station top for the same amount of time, then I bought a black Friday special from Home Depot that was (I think) a Husky top and bottom 50" unit, it is def light gauge, but it works great for my home shop. I picked up a used top box of the same size (I think 50") and bought a new bottom box to match it...and with this many boxes, and Johns awesome tool deals :D I am still needing more room. Its a viscous cycle. But before I spent 30K on a SnapOn box, I would build my own out of mirrors, reinforce it so that it would support the weight of two hookers plus myself and the rest would go for blow.....

165d0be4dd412c1e3424e170f80a2827.jpg

I just stripped all of the crappy furring strips and paneling from this wall. Basement flooded and ruined it. This is the second one I have done in this neighborhood. See the new cement? Tile line put in last month. This area is high too, I think it is a drainage issue with the storm sewers.

When I am on steroids, I am lonely because no one is around me. I don't even like myself. This is the first summer in years that I have not had to take them for some skin rash I got. I am sensitive you know.

I've never actually seen someone pay list price for a snappy box. They always have "discounts" and "trade ins" that get you down to a reasonable price. I won my snap on box though :D

Back