• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Yea. On the newer B&S engines the top of the fuel tank is the base of the carb, the fuel tank will sometimes warp from the heat and allow a leak. Remove carb and tank, check sealing between them, apply a little hihg temp RTV if needed.

Rev

This one is separate. 6 inches of hose between them.

Red '6 inches I promise' heep

65" width? IIRC a 14 bolt with DRW/cab-n-chassis hubs on it is 64 or so.

Say goodbye to all of your ground clearance, though.

s7_530378_133_01

Picked this up this weekend for 5.99. Came in handy today at the range when I needed to adjust my red dot.

wanna buy one :)

i just so happen to know where you can get one with spring perches set up for an xj...just add discs
Depends on where it is and how much... I have a guy bringing one down this weekend from an 86(?) for 100 that Im buying after I pay Mac his 100 for that motor.
Id prefer one without ABS, easier to do the brake swap.

I know where the ABS sensor is. I have a exploder 8.8 in it right now.
Ive read that the ABS hubs (or Pilot, whatever you want to call it) are a little bigger and the explorer rotor wont fit over them. They can be machined down but there wont be much material left. Apparently the non ABS hub/pilot is a litle smaller and can easily be machined down to fit the exploder rotor and still have a good bit of material left.

I know where the ABS sensor is. I have a exploder 8.8 in it right now.
Ive read that the ABS hubs (or Pilot, whatever you want to call it) are a little bigger and the explorer rotor wont fit over them. They can be machined down but there wont be much material left. Apparently the non ABS hub/pilot is a litle smaller and can easily be machined down to fit the exploder rotor and still have a good bit of material left.

i believe the one i have is non abs...$100 as well. its what i paid for it. it won't be heading that way till the last week of may. it will be in the back of the budget truck as i drive it from iowa to jersey...along with a d30 (which is currently claimed by mac) 2 dana 44's and a 14 bolt :) it has 4.10's, is lsd and is a bolt in operation for an xj. its set up with 7" antiwrap perches....

Hmm... How would I get it to Mi?
Thats a better deal than the one I was going to buy.
Its out of an F150? 65" wide?

Last edited:
Interview was 2.5hrs... Bit I think it went well. The shop has a block mill!

99SJ 'but can they pay me' Ex

i believe the one i have is non abs...$100 as well. its what i paid for it. it won't be heading that way till the last week of may. it will be in the back of the budget truck as i drive it from iowa to jersey...along with a d30 (which is currently claimed by mac) 2 dana 44's and a 14 bolt :) it has 4.10's, is lsd and is a bolt in operation for an xj. its set up with 7" antiwrap perches....

Keep me up to date, I could poss grab that or any other axles for Midwest peps, Dan and I end up back and forth enough we could get it to you.

mac 'parts train' gyvr

going to look at this tomorrow, I believe it so cheap because of the Obama stickers on the bumper.

I need a cheap commuter car

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/cto/3772405706.html
Seeing that it doesn't have a 3800 badge on the side and the guy didn't give the engine size, my guess would be a 3400. Before you warm it up to temp, look one the ends of the block under the manifold for gasket leaks. Very common for the lower intake gasket to go on those. Also take your hand and stick it down the rear passenger side of the head and check along between the head and block for a head gasket leak. That's usually the best place to spot a leak.

If you already knew this stuff about GM 60* V6s, disregard.

Back