• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm on a mission....

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So I really want my jeep to be fun to drive again, since it is my DD, I am tired of constantly being jarred by its drive ability.
I am on a mission to make it fun again.
IRO long arms
RE 4.5" coils
Bilstein shocks
3.5" Leaf packs with 1" shackle

first thing I am gonna address is the ball joints and UCA bushing that need to be replaced....that will be right after christmas....Next thing that needs to be addressed I think is my rear shackle angle....best, cheapest way to achieve the best angle? Relocation brackets?
Remounting my rear shocks and finally getting a good alignment on it....Been changing stuff so much, I haven't wanted to get a pro alignment as it would probably change soon there after.

Any other tips on what needs to be addressed, just to increase the streetability of it?

Don't get the iro long arm. I have seen 2 jeeps with it in town and there are WAY better long arm kits out there.

Yeah, the IRO seems to have issues staying in place because it has adjustable plates with set screws that never seem to stay in place.

Ironman 4x4 may be a better option, while staying cheaper than some others.

Make sure all tie rod ends are in good shape, as well as your track bar. I'm fighting death wobble again and I think it's a combination of both of those in my case...

Oh.....ok, well in that case Rock On.

I have seen some people who actually get the IRO long arms set at the alignment shop, then go weld it in place and brace it. May not be a bad idea.

thought about that....just hate that I'd have to do that....

TRE's are in good shape....i've checked the trac bar and it seems fine....

Back