• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm a CJ owner going to XJ or ZJ. Why an XJ?

Hotchiliram -
Funny. I learned a long time ago to that 5'6" guys have mean upper cuts. My old bodybuilding partner was 5'6". He was a fire plug and when we boxed he would sneak one up into my chin every time.

I did own another boxy SUV that looked like a taller version of an XJ. I had it over ten years and it was like a Swiss Army knife. It did so many things well I used the heck out of it. Ok, I'll admit it was a '91 Trooper I got a really good deal on. It had 32s, but IFS (which sucked). It was no where near the XJ in offroad ability or power. However, it was really versitile. My CJ tops out at about 65mph, gets 10 mpg at best. Uses 10 gallons of gas to get up to Big Bear from 60 miles away, has no heat, defrost, a/c and is so loud you can't have a conversation in it.

I think I would really welcome another SUV the size of the XJ

mizedog said:
Does the B pillar get in your way when getting in/out or just leaning out the window to see the tires? My thought was to get 2 door, but the kids will be getting bigger and will want their own doors.[/FONT]
The B pillar? no, but on 96 and older the wing window and door it's self make it hard to see the tires. But there are ways around that.
Taking the doors off, or fun with sawzalls and welding....

thing.JPG

IH8RDS said:
Because there's no such thing as NAZJA
No but there is NAGCA.com

Don't let XJ_Ranger's attitude get to you...:confused1

mizedog said:
I would think you XJ owners would give me the low down - even the stuff you don't like about the XJs. I'm not going to assume that just because this is an XJ forum I'm going to get 100% pros on XJs. Heck, they're not perfect just like the CJs aren't perfect. However, if you ever want to know about CJs, I don't mind you asking me. Can't we all just get along...

One bad about the 4 door is that rear fender triming isn't much because of how close the door is to the wheel well, But I'd bet that would be as true on the ZJ as it is on the XJ.

Good Luck...

DAryl

Last edited:
gregmondro said:
....nagca.com for the second time lol.

and also, to correct HotChiliRam, who corrected me.

the 42re's are only in the 4.0l ZJs. The v8s come with a 46RH: 4 spd. automatic transmission used in 1993 to 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokees with 5.2L engines
or
44RE: 4 sd. automatic transmission used in 1996 to 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee's with 5.2L engines.

the inline 6's are the ones with shitty transmissions...not the v8s.
more info available on nagca.com
http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/grandtranslist.htm

My Apologies :(

Back