• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea for a cheap long arm upgrade

you could use your arms and cut em up BUT i would sell em, sell the drop brackets, make some cash and build them up from scratch... you can sleve tube if you want thick walls, get some weld in inserts, ballistic joints, make or use some prefabbed link brackets or make a cross member, get a tape measure and go to town. using the adjustable arms is OK but it seems like too much trouble to work around the arms... i know the RE ams are made out of chromoly

Yeah I think selling the arms and DBs would bea good idea, thought it may take some time to get rid of them, they are brand new and the lowers were like $270, the uppers prob 150 new i cant rememeber (non adjustable, worn upper bushing and bolt and hook style axle end mount), and $200 drop brackets.

And yeah I think your right about adjustable lower arms, i think its best just to get the right length, then make the lowers fixed and use the upper as an adjustable? Also i have heard it will be subject to binding if i have my upper arm central to the frame with a centered mount on the axle, is there any reason why it must connect from driverside to passenger side?

Back