• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I never really knew!

Putting that thing back is a little harder than getting it off. Two hints: first make sure that you have either a magnetic insert in your socket, or some other means (even a little piece of paper jammed in it, putty, chewing gum, or whatever) to keep the bolt in the socket; second, make sure you use the little plastic dust shield that should have come with the new CPS. It snaps into the bell housing, and when installed, it will hold the CPS more or less in place while you use your other three hands to get the first bolt in.

Geepfreak said:
No worries.. Got the couch moved into the shop, and keeping at a nice 65 Deg. in there.... Ha, even got the water working to the toilet, so you have all the time you need..

Sounds comfy... it'll be perfect in February.

Well,I just got through putting it back in and it took all of about 10 minutes. Heeded the advice and used some chewing gum to hold the bolt in the socket. I can only think of three reasons why it went so easy putting it in. First, I guess taking it out taught me about what extension / swivel combination worked as well as in what unnatural way I must twist my arms to get the bolts out . in. Probably not. I think instead I cussed the part so sufficiently yesterady that its anger qouta had been met and had no need to continue resisting OR the Heep is lulling me into a false confidence. Patiently waiting to extract the full measure of my anger at the most inopportune time and place!
BSD

Back