• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need new ideas for my xj! What have you installed?

I have an oil accumulator/ pre oiler installed on mine. It's made from a Fox shock remote reservoir and an electric solenoid to hold the pressure and release it when the ignition is turned on.

that sounds like a pretty sweet mod!
I did not mean anything negative by it. Especially since I consider you my friend.
And it is by NO MEANS a racial comment, there are many ways that phrase is used about stuff that is not completed "the correct way".
All I am saying is that with all the money you have put into it with the not-as-practical accessories, and the more important driveability items have not been address yet just seems odd to me. Sorry if I offended you.

which drive-ability haven't i addressed yet? my father is building me better bottom mounts for the shocks and i bought the install kit for my gears. There's nothing else that would keep me from driving it.

Thanks for everyone's input thus far! post more pictures of your mods people! :)

so i spliced into what i think is the 12pin wire from the pcm. But when i ground the wire the engine shut off. It happened twice. i know its a grey wire from my PCM on my 99, is this the right wire?
pcm.jpg

will this extended idle even work with my ax-15?

Last edited:
I bought a remote start/keyless entry/alarm system a few months ago but wasnt able to finish it do to poor instructions. I'm going to take it to an audio shop and have them install it.

Hit up the12volt.com. They give good advice and you should be able to do it your self instead of the hack job that most audio shops do.

Hit up the12volt.com. They give good advice and you should be able to do it your self instead of the hack job that most audio shops do.

that website is what got me 80% done with it haha. it was the crappy diagram that the company of the unit i bought has.

so turns out my jeep doesn't have a wire in the 12th pin. check it out...
wire.jpg

im guessing its cause i have a manual trans? can anyone confirm this? does anyone know if i could install a pin in there and make my own extended idle?

I came in here to say that with all that loose cash you are itching to spend you should drop $35 and support the club that is helping you with the knowledge base.

but that is just my .02

http://www.naxja.org/forum/announcement.php?f=165&a=47

yah, helping the club that helped you build your rig would be nice.

so i spliced into what i think is the 12pin wire from the pcm. But when i ground the wire the engine shut off. It happened twice. i know its a grey wire from my PCM on my 99, is this the right wire?
pcm.jpg

will this extended idle even work with my ax-15?

if your gonna do wiring under the hood, you may want to do a better job than that. a proper crimp and then heat shrink would do nicely.

if your looking for stuff to do check out http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

if your gonna do wiring under the hood, you may want to do a better job than that. a proper crimp and then heat shrink would do nicely.

if your looking for stuff to do check out http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/

ha that was by no means a final wire install. I was just trying to see if that was the right wire or not

if you get bored and wanna get more cargo capacity, you can widen your XJ by 14" like:

main.php

main.php

Supporting the club was one of the first things I did, sorry it didn't come to you earlier.
Sorry but I hate to hear from someone who has trouble spending all his extra $! It's a problem a lot of people would like to have in this economy.
Not bringing negativity, the thread turned me off with the bragging, maybe I'm jealous too.
You sound like a nice guy, I think for longevity, herculine the floors, high idle on switch, removable doors, oba, etc.

how bout you wheel that pavement princess and then decide what it needs to be a better rig

Don't think anyone has said this I havent read the whole thread but how bout this>
If you got to much money that you dont know what to do with how about buying the most important thing there is when it comes to this hobby (unless it is a pavement princess) Buy some freakin LAND and open it up to wheeling!! Whats to point in modding these jeeps without places to wheel. If you can't do that go spend some gas money and clean up a public trail so it will stay open. Donate to your local 4x4 club.

Back