• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need advice..will a 4.7L stroker be ok for towing?

Not enough education.

You get sold a vehicle that is 'set up' to tow, but how often do automakers include towing tips and instructions with those nifty little manuals in the glovebox? Now you have the opportunity for making a nervous driver, because maybe they've never towed before, or they haven't towed enough to be confident. Just like driving, most of the time experience is everything; unlike driving, there probably aren't many towing courses available to the average joe. I've had to learn everything of what I know about off-roading and towing myself, through experience. I'm just lucky (or paranoid) enough that I haven't had any accidents. Straightaways, I've towed plenty. In Mountains, the most I've ever towed was a 5x8 trailer from U-haul. It was a good learning experience, but I'm certain pulling a car's going to present different challenges in its own way.

Back