• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know, it's not an XJ.....

JBweld

NAXJA Forum User
But it does have rectangular lights ;) A few people were asking about the new Jeep, so here's a couple pictures. Don't be offended if you're a frame hater.

Last year I bought a 93 YJ to replace my XJ. I wanted to do something different, and although its not as family friendly, I thought it was more inline with how I wanted to wheel.
It started out as nothing special, just a 4-banger 5-speed YJ, all stock.
Wrangler001.jpg

The original plan was to use the 4L and AW4 out of Ryan's(Blkxjkrawler) wrecked Cherokee. But I ran across a wrecked S-10, and used the Chevy 4.3L drivetrain instead. I modified the frame and fabbed brackets for a front 3-link with panhard, and rear upper triangulated 4-link suspension. The lower links are 2" .250 wall dom with Currie joints. I'm using 4" lift TJ coils in the back and 12" FOA res. shocks. The front uses 14" FOA res. coil-overs. Changed out the rear 33 spline Detroit for an ARB(so I could use cutting brakes), and swapped out the Yukon alloys up front for Superior Evo's with CTM's. 17" Raceline Monster Beadlocks and 37" MT/R's. Unfortunately I didn't have alot of time to build my own armor as I was trying to get it ready to attend KOH, so I used Genright corners, stretch tank, and tube fenders. The rockers are made by Savvy. I built the rollcage using 1 3/4" .120 wall dom and 1 1/2" .120 wall dom tubing.

Here's the rear end during mock-up.
Morejeepstuff002.jpg

Rear axle housing welded out.
MoreJeepstuff005.jpg

Some front frame work.
MoreJeepstuff028.jpg

Cage tacked up.
MoreJeepstuff007-1.jpg

going back together.
MoreJeepstuff013-2.jpg

MoreJeepstuff004-1.jpg

Even Matt showed up to drink beer....I mean help out ;)
MoreJeepstuff009-2.jpg

Hans, well, being Hans(Xjourney).
MoreJeepstuff018-2.jpg

Rolled out of the shop for the first test run.
MoreJeepstuff026-2.jpg

Last edited:
Mostly done now.
MoreJeepstuff036-1.jpg

MoreJeepstuff043-2.jpg

Here's a couple of the engine bay. Everything fit nice and clean.
MoreJeepstuff038.jpg

MoreJeepstuff037-1.jpg

The interior will get a little more attention now that I have time to finish the details. I'll be building an aluminum console to cover the shifters up, and provide a mounting surface for switches. The ammo can works good as a storage container.
MoreJeepstuff040.jpg

MoreJeepstuff039-1.jpg

Here's a link to the whole build if anybody is interested. http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15138&start=0

Didn't make it for the KOH deadline because the trans isn't shifting right. I think I know how to fix it, and will be addressing that this weekend.

HUGE thanks to all involved in this build, especially the last couple weeks. Thank you Ryan, Hans, MASTERPULL, Dad, and my buddy Devin especially for the use of his shop and equipment.

Last edited:
Jeremy,

An awsome build that lives up to your reputation!
I look forward to trying to follow you on the trails soon ;)

1 question. Are you considering adding a hip bar on the drivers side? I assume it would be significantly in the way for the passengers side.

Michael

Are you considering adding a hip bar on the drivers side? I assume it would be significantly in the way for the passengers side.

No, not at this time. It has to serve as a driver for now, and that would be a pain. I'm also not planning on wheeling without the doors, so that will provide some protection.

You give me wood, Jeremy. :D

Did you make the dif cover swingable? AWESOME!!
MoreJeepstuff004-1.jpg

Still friggin' awesome Jerry. A little pee just came out.

definitely the nicest yj i have seen! nice job!

I need your fab skills... Geez that's some nice work sir :)

How do you like the new MTR? I picked up a set in 33" this past weekend and haven't had a chance to trail-test them yet... hoping it was a wise decision.

I've heard nothing but good things about the new MTR Kevlar. That'll be my next set of tires.

I like the suck-down winch up front. :thumbup:
Good work as always, Jeremy!

~Scott

Back