• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I.E. Meet and Greet Thursday Nov. 11th

Yea, who all is a definite here. I don't want to call off band practice just to see two folks. :D

Well.... I have 3 for sures: myself, 91blackbox, and a new guy that's not on NAXJA yet. He lives up in Forest Falls near me. I also have 18 maybes with about 6 or 7 of those being very confident they will make it. My guess we will have around 10 show up not including spouses/kids. We may have more and we may have less. It's a crap shoot on guessing. Hopefully it will be a bigger turnout then my most optimistic guess.

Last edited:
Big Cheese in Yucaipa huh? I don't have a XJ anymore. Am I still welcome?

:anon:

guess i'll have to walk. :cry:

Screw that!! You better come. Who cares if you don't currently have an XJ. Once an XJ lover always an XJ lover. This will be the perfect time to catch up and remind you of what your missing. Maybe we can get you back into an XJ someday.

I'm heading out for the evening with the wife and probably will not check this again until morning. If there is someone else that wants to join us for the trail run in the morning then call or text me and I can send you the directions to my place. We will be meeting at my place at 9:30 am and should be at the trail head between 10:30-10:45. 909 two38-three3three3. Easy number to remember

Final bump for trail run and meet and greet tonight.

Amazingly, unforeseen circumstances happened to me. They almost never do. I gotta skip this one. NOT happy, either. Was really looking forward to meeting the new locals. I'll set another one up soon. Sorry, gang.

It was nice to see that only the bottom half of gold mtn. had been worked on. The top 1/2 was beat to hell. It was much more fun on that part. The only real challenge was getting Jeff's stocker through everything. He was puckering and white knuckling his steering wheel a few times which was quite humorous for such a mild trail. His 4x4 cherry definately got popped though. Good times!! I'm getting ready to head down to Big Cheese now. See you guys in a little bit.

Thanks for a good day out. Brad, thanks for the spotting in those couple of spots. It helped a lot.

My wife, son and I all had a good time. The mountains are beautiful and the weather wasn't as cold and windy as the weather report had me expecting. My wife had a pretty good time on the trail and was doubly pleased that she got to walk around the Village in Big Bear after the run.

It was my first time running Gold Mountain and the XJ did great. It would help if it sat just a little bit higher. I hit the front diff a few times and needed to stack a few rocks. I'm thinking that switching from 31s to 35s might be enough to raise it so it doesn't hit all the time.

Thanks for a good day out. Brad, thanks for the spotting in those couple of spots. It helped a lot.

My wife, son and I all had a good time. The mountains are beautiful and the weather wasn't as cold and windy as the weather report had me expecting. My wife had a pretty good time on the trail and was doubly pleased that she got to walk around the Village in Big Bear after the run.

It was my first time running Gold Mountain and the XJ did great. It would help if it sat just a little bit higher. I hit the front diff a few times and needed to stack a few rocks. I'm thinking that switching from 31s to 35s might be enough to raise it so it doesn't hit all the time.

I'm glad you were able to join us. We will definately have to go out again. Wish you could have joined us in Yucaipa. Our turn out kinda sucked. We only have 5 show. Next time we will do a M&G no where close to a large NAXJA event like goatfest. Lesson learned.

we still had fun... now if we can get jeff to show us some video?

Yea, I'd like to see some video. Watching BlackBox and the Wrangler bounce up stuff was entertaining if not a little frightening. But it made my wife appreciate my slow and smooth style of driving that much more.:laugh: Thanks guys.

in my deffense i had to run through all the crap you guys had dug up/ kicked around/ and or stacked.. thats the problem with being last in line lol!!

Back