• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can not seem to get a hold of Max from Dirtbound

Tom95YJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone get in touch with Max ?

I sent Max a PM on Tues an one on Yesterday, An I have not had a response yet. I understand that he is a One man Operation.
An one person can only do so much . I was told last Friday that my order was going to ship on Monday. I have not received a status update or tracking number yet. I am not angry, I am just trying to see if my order has shipped so I can make arrangements to get the tube work to Terry @ rigid since he is scheduled to start on my bumper towards the end of next week.

Last edited:
I'm tired of hearing he is just too busy to respond. He wasn't too busy to take my money. He promised to ship the fan set up but never did, when I finally got a response he said sorry I was sick for a week I was going to ship it priority mail on Monday . That was too late for me as I'm getting ready to move. He said he would issue a refund....two weeks ago!
He doesn't return calls or emails. For anyone who doubts this I have the emails that I can forward to you. Max is incompetent at best and a liar and a thief at worst.
With all of the good suppliers out there why would you do business with this guy? I'm sorry I did.
The Forum should remove his ad and not subject any more members to this grief!

Tom95YJ: this reply is not towards you...

I'm tired of hearing he is just too busy to respond. He wasn't too busy to take my money. He promised to ship the fan set up but never did, when I finally got a response he said sorry I was sick for a week I was going to ship it priority mail on Monday . That was too late for me as I'm getting ready to move. He said he would issue a refund....two weeks ago!
He doesn't return calls or emails. For anyone who doubts this I have the emails that I can forward to you. Max is incompetent at best and a liar and a thief at worst.
With all of the good suppliers out there why would you do business with this guy? I'm sorry I did.

Terry, Really! I am starting to get sick of all the complaining on here, this is the only forum I have issues with members.

The refund was processed over a week ago. If it is not in your account yet take that up with your bank as it is out of my hands.

I am sorry I got sick and was unable to work for a week, that was my first time in two years taking more than a 3 day weekend off and it was not spent how I would have liked a break. Its not like I planned to get sick!!

I am glad the people that know me know that I am trying to improve the customer service, improve ship times and improve communication.

As I pour every cent earned back into the business it is a personal blow when people come on here and call me a thief.

With a lot of help from local jeepers we got the shop up and running just this wednesday so with moving the shop and me being sick we are playing catch up from almost 2 and half weeks of no production and are within a few days of being to current orders.

I have never not shipped an order, yes sometimes it takes a bit longer than hoped. But the products are HAND BUILT IN USA and high quality. With the new shop once we are cought up inventory will be built for quicker lead times.

Oh and I have no record of any new emails from you!

rant/

Last edited:
This stuff happens. If you can't have a little patience in dealing with vendors then either
A: feel free to only buy at pepboys
or
B: make it yourself.

To the vendors...
This is a difficult industry at times. We, the general jeeping populace, truly appreciate your efforts and products. The one thing that will set off a customer more than anything else is simple lack of communication. We are willing to support and purchase but we are also known for zero patience for being ignored or lied to. I'm not hinting, suggesting, or even remotely implying that this is the case with this thread. I am simply saying that sometimes communication must take a priority.

To WebDog specifically...
Thanks for working so hard at making production better and faster. Please post up a date when you think you will be fully functioning (full speed) at the new location. I'm interested in some stuff but don't want to add molasses to the gears of production. :)

This stuff happens.

Thanks for working so hard at making production better and faster. Please post up a date when you think you will be fully functioning (full speed) at the new location. I'm interested in some stuff but don't want to add molasses to the gears of production. :)

:yelclap:

Imagine that, the one person in this thread that talks so much crap only has ONE POST on this forum.

Max is a great guy, and produces great quality items.

Last edited:
If you became a member I might listen to you more.

I've never had a problem with max, or ordering anything from him for that matter. If you have problems with him I think its because of your own personal issues and can't handle a good shop with a good product!

Well I ordered my fan conversion kit on the twenty third of last month. I have been leaving voicemail message email and contacted via his website. I have yet to get a response. As my first experience with max I'm not really all that impressed.

You would've been right in the midst of the flu I do believe. Then came moving shops. He can be a bit slow to respond but I haven't yet had him completely blow me off. I'll usually get a response within 2 weeks. Slow yes, but it's a one man show.

Well I ordered my fan conversion kit on the twenty third of last month. I have been leaving voicemail message email and contacted via his website. I have yet to get a response. As my first experience with max I'm not really all that impressed.

PM me your name or order number.

Back