• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for those of you that attend workdays, or plan to.

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Not to say you make it ever time, but, you that plan to make it out when you can.

What cordless tool (battery system) do you use?

We are looking into picking up a battery string trimmer as opposed to a gas powered unit. Obviously we would pick up a couple batteries, but having a couple spares available would/could be handy.

Commercial units are prohibitively expensive. Very nice....but very spendy. Not looking for a debate on brands, just like to get an idea of what's available should the need arise.

TIA-Tim

I use Milwaukee M18.

Last edited:
Leaning toward the Milwaukee M18.

Anybody else?

I use Milwaukee 18v everyday, screw gun and drill, sawzall, even their corded tools are good. My kids bought me the cordless weed wacker, that works fine too, although I'm not a fan of cordless yard tools. They just don't have the power of gas or corded tools.

But I do like their contractor cordless tools a lot, has served me well for many years now. I'm a general contractor with 31 years on my own. I've used a lot of tools.

As much as Milwaukee has served me well, most of your name brands work just as well, Makita, Dewalt, etc. Even HoBo Freight is fine for the hobbyist.

Even though I like Milwaukee tools and have used them for years, especially their sawzalls, I keep buying them mostly because they work well for me, but also because I have a lot of batteries and chargers. I wouldn't switch, otherwise I'm going to have a bunch of batteries I can't use that are still good. Plus, as a contractor, it's good to have a number of batteries at your disposal.

Back